Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys quick question I'm struggling with, k I have a 13.5 gal tank and I have a Ai prime HD which maybe it was overkill I just like the fact that there was an app and you could program it and what not, really love the light have no complains. But I'm purchasing a 15 gal IM and I've been thinking about maybe buying a new light ( tank is gonna be a mixed reef nothing special) but I've been looking at the kessil A80 Nano and its has great reviews and I'm really interested into looking to get one. I just don't know how it works or if there's an app or a ramp time and other stuff. just need some more info or if someone has one and has some advice or do I just stick with the Ai prime.

Corals.com

JaaxReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys quick question I'm struggling with, k I have a 13.5 gal tank and I have a Ai prime HD which maybe it was overkill I just like the fact that there was an app and you could program it and what not, really love the light have no complains. But I'm purchasing a 15 gal IM and I've been thinking about maybe buying a new light ( tank is gonna be a mixed reef nothing special) but I've been looking at the kessil A80 Nano and its has great reviews and I'm really interested into looking to get one. I just don't know how it works or if there's an app or a ramp time and other stuff. just need some more info or if someone has one and has some advice or do I just stick with the Ai prime.
Definitely stick with the prime in my opinion. The A80 is not very strong on par and won’t be as versatile. I don’t think it’s worth spending money on another light when you can just turn your existing one down if it is too much. But you could also crank it up and do more sps if you want.

The A80 also doesn’t have built in control for automated on/off/dimming/ramping, so you just choose the settings you want, lock them in, and buy a WiFi or plug in timer to turn it on and off unless you want to spend money on the controller for it separately, which doesn’t even have an app.

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely stick with the prime in my opinion. The A80 is not very strong on par and won’t be as versatile. I don’t think it’s worth spending money on another light when you can just turn your existing one down if it is too much. But you could also crank it up and do more sps if you want.

The A80 also doesn’t have built in control for automated on/off/dimming/ramping, so you just choose the settings you want, lock them in, and buy a WiFi or plug in timer to turn it on and off unless you want to spend money on the controller for it separately, which doesn’t even have an app.
^ All of this.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
GHL Advanced Technology
Back