Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if 2 A80 Tuna Blue Nano LED Light would work for lighting over a 40 breeder.

I have other AI lights and a kessil fuge, the kessil is incredible, I'd rather a single light over this tank but i don't want to spend over 500 for a light on this small of a tank.

anyone used this configuration OR another single kessil on this sized tank?

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if 2 A80 Tuna Blue Nano LED Light would work for lighting over a 40 breeder.

I have other AI lights and a kessil fuge, the kessil is incredible, I'd rather a single light over this tank but i don't want to spend over 500 for a light on this small of a tank.

anyone used this configuration OR another single kessil on this sized tank?
Depends on what you plan to put in it. It’s probably fine for softies, probably not for anemones or sps.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used a single A360X Kessil on a 25 Lagoon with no trouble, but when I upgraded to a 40L two lights are definitely needed to cover the 36" spread.
You may be ok with 2 A80's for softies and other low light corals. Although, I'm not sure if the mount is long enough to get to the center of a 40B.

Corals.com
Top Shelf Aquatics

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking Softies and easy LPS, possible nems since there will be clowns in there.

is there a single fixture from AI or Kessil you WOULD recommend
It would be really tough with the small footprint of AI or kessil to get enough spread to cover a 40. You could do a hybrid fixture with t-5’s and a single kessil or AI.

OP
OP
PhishMonger84

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the A80s use them and add 1 AI Blade to them mix. 2 AI Blades would cover a 40B no problem
I do not have the lights ATM. i do have 2 hydra 26hds but I'm thinking i will use them over a FOWLR tank but that doesnt have to be the case.

I hate to say this but i do not like the looks of the blades, they seem great but there's too many configuration options for me to ever focus on. And not a single decent looking way to mount them, i cannot stand the HMS mounts + this tank has a rim.

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have the lights ATM. i do have 2 hydra 26hds but I'm thinking i will use them over a FOWLR tank but that doesnt have to be the case.

I hate to say this but i do not like the looks of the blades, they seem great but there's too many configuration options for me to ever focus on. And not a single decent looking way to mount them, i cannot stand the HMS mounts + this tank has a rim.
Just get t-5’s for the fowlr, heck, you can use regular light bulbs if you don’t have any coral or anemones. No need to waste expensive lighting on it.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
PhishMonger84

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get t-5’s for the fowlr, heck, you can use regular light bulbs if you don’t have any coral or anemones. No need to waste expensive lighting on it.
That is true and i do have oodles of lights justing sitting around including a few 6' LEDs and some with 24 hour schedules built in.

would 1 hydra 26 be enought for the 40?

i also have 2 primes but I'm using those on freshwater setups. crazy right

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is true and i do have oodles of lights justing sitting around including a few 6' LEDs and some with 24 hour schedules built in.

would 1 hydra 26 be enought for the 40?

i also have 2 primes but I'm using those on freshwater setups. crazy right
No, you need two small footprint lights for coverage on a 40. Unless you don’t want coral anywhere but the middle. You just can’t get enough coverage with one, no matter how many times you ask :)

OP
OP
PhishMonger84

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you need two small footprint lights for coverage on a 40. Unless you don’t want coral anywhere but the middle. You just can’t get enough coverage with one, no matter how many times you ask :)
well, i was asking about a different light this time around...

How about the 2 primes on the 40 then i can move the hydras over the tanks that have the primes now?

Avast

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How do you plan to mount the Hydras? It is the same mounting setup for the Blades. The Grows are plenty for almost every tank out there. The Glow model is nice but has too many royal blue LEDs IMO.

OP
OP
PhishMonger84

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you plan to mount the Hydras? It is the same mounting setup for the Blades. The Grows are plenty for almost every tank out there. The Glow model is nice but has too many royal blue LEDs IMO.
I have the HMS single arms for my Hydras but i won't use them, total PITA's

I've got two Hydra goosenecks sitting in the bag waiting to be setup. i like the look way more

Nutramar Foods

reeftivo

skim junkie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever thought of the noopsych. Got a couple on the ends of my mitras on my 75 and they are tiny but have awsome spread and power.
Screenshot_20230506_183613_Lorex Home.jpg

Screenshot_20230506_183450_Lorex Home.jpg

Screenshot_20230506_183703_Lorex Home.jpg

Pardon tank. Work in progress

OP
OP
PhishMonger84

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever thought of the noopsych. Got a couple on the ends of my mitras on my 75 and they are tiny but have awsome spread and power.
View attachment 3138894
View attachment 3138895
View attachment 3138896

Pardon tank. Work in progress
i already own the 2 primes and 2 hydra 26HDs, just trying to optimize which tanks get them.

the two primes were both over freshwater tanks (65g & 75g)

i was going to use the hydras over my 125 which will be FOWLR but that seems wasteful now.

this morning i put the hydras where the primes were and put the primes on the 40. still no water but rome wasnt' built in a day and neither will this be

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back