Lighting ideas for cube

chrisgy08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys , I'm relatively new to reefing . I ran a 24g cube back in england but I have recently moved out to australia and managed to pick up an aqua one 195 cube for only $500aud
The tank came with a t5 fixture but I'm not sure how good it will be. Should I keep this t5 and incorporate leds too ? I have attached some pics of the tank . I intend to keep some sps . Any ideas on lights would be great

20240923_104939.jpg 20240923_105006.jpg

bobnicaragua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5 are great for SPS. Keep them for fill light and add LEDs.

One LED bar in the front and one in the back would work well with your current setup.

OP
OP
C

chrisgy08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5 are great for SPS. Keep them for fill light and add LEDs.

One LED bar in the front and one in the back would work well with your current setup.
Thanks for the help .
The current t5 bulbs are aqua one sun light and a blue. Should I keep these or are there better ones to go for.
Any specific led bars you can reccomend ?

bobnicaragua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use any bulb combo you want. Those bulbs should be okay unless they are older than 18-24 months.

I like to run ATI blue plus mixed with a whiter bulb like ATI coral plus, purple plus, or aqua blue special. This will give you a whiter T5 mixed with blue LED for better coral pop.

Orphek bars need to be mounted high, I would avoid them with your hood. Look at Quanta bars, AI blade, mitra bars or reefbrite XHO. Quanta will probably be cheapest, and they pack a punch with good spread.

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back