Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I’ve invested more than I’d like to admit on corals - primarily torches and other euphyllia - I’m exploring a possible lighting upgrade.

Currently the tank is lit with two AI Prime HD 16s. These work, no complaints, but have a couple of burnt out LEDs so thought I might solicit some recommendations here before making any changes.

The tank is an IM Fusion 20, about 24” long.

I’d welcome your thoughts!

Last edited:
Avast

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I’ve invested more than I’d like to admit on corals - primarily torches and other euphyllia - I’m exploring a possible lighting upgrade.

Currently the tank is lit with two AI Prime HD 16s. These work, no complaints, but have a couple of burnt out LEDs so thought I might solicit some recommendations here before making any changes.

The tank is an IM Fusion 20, about 24” long.

I’d welcome your thoughts!
Two new prime 16 HDs.

They are one of the best nano lights available.

You can email Ai to see if they will repair or credit for replacement before shopping around.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Hooz

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the LEDs burnt, or is it just the lenses that are melted? If it's just the lenses, contact AI and they'll send you new ones for free.

I run the older Prime HDs (better lenses) and upgrade the LED pucks to Luxdium (better spectrum), but the 16HD is a good light. Probably one of the best nano lights out there.

As for the tank, two Primes is about as good as it gets. You should be able to grow anything in there. I run a single Prime on my Nuvo 10 and three on my Nuvo 30L. One per foot is just about perfect. :D

AquaCave Logo Banner

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the LEDs burnt, or is it just the lenses that are melted? If it's just the lenses, contact AI and they'll send you new ones for free.

I run the older Prime HDs (better lenses) and upgrade the LED pucks to Luxdium (better spectrum), but the 16HD is a good light. Probably one of the best nano lights out there.

As for the tank, two Primes is about as good as it gets. You should be able to grow anything in there. I run a single Prime on my Nuvo 10 and three on my Nuvo 30L. One per foot is just about perfect. :D
Yes double check that it’s not just the lens as that’s a simple fix! I actually have to do it myself.

Kittypowpow

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two new prime 16 HDs.

They are one of the best nano lights available.

You can email Ai to see if they will repair or credit for replacement before shopping around.
THIS!!! they have some of the best customer service from a big company I've experienced.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back