Light Recommendations for 30 gallon reef?

BRS

Blackcoupe369

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to upgrade my lighting for my 30 gallon… I would like to use white light so I can see we’ll in the tank but one sufficient for great coral growth, etc… what are your guys light recommendations for this 30 gallon reef tank? Thanks

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
B

Blackcoupe369

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are the dimension you are trying to cover, types of coral you have, and budget?
Thanks for the reply. 36x18… Torch Corals, Digis, couple others but plan on adding more in the near future. As I mentioned, I would really like white light but one that is suitable for corals so I can see well… budget doesn’t matter but don’t need anything super crazy yet either

Corals.com

fishski13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. 36x18… Torch Corals, Digis, couple others but plan on adding more in the near future. As I mentioned, I would really like white light but one that is suitable for corals so I can see well… budget doesn’t matter but don’t need anything super crazy yet either
The 36 inch length makes it a bit inconvenient with the coverage of most lights. Most lights that can handle the coral you have, have a spread of 24 inches like the AI Prime, Hydra 32, or xr15s. And others that have a 36 inch spread like the Hydra 52 and xr30 would run you over 1k.

The Ai blades are a good options with the 18 inch front to back you have. You would just have to decide what colors you want.

I personally would go with an AI Hydra 32 with two small ai blades on the sides to help cover the 12 inches the hydra misses out on.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

TCK Corals
Back