+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rent a parameter from a LFS, and have a hydra 32 on my tank
When I setup a demo to test the light parameter and got to where an avg of 150 par in the middle of the tank, if I used the same setup for the regular schedule, the light just get dimmer? Anything I’m doing wrong!! And then all light pars get dropped down to around 50!!

Nutramar Foods

legalizedreefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope I can help. I’m not sure I’m entirely clear on what your issue is. Are you measuring with one schedule, then going to another schedule and seeing a par drop?

let’s start at the beginning. All those channels you see, those are your different colors to make your spectrum. Think of it as you have a drinking glass and you have 7 ingredients (channels)

you are free to fill that glass using any ratio of the ingredients you like. However, that’s not entirely true if you want coral growth. You should follow a proven spectrum such as AB+ in which BRS does a great video of mimicking the AB+ spectrum on a Hydra.

once you have your spectrum dialed in to how you like, it’s time to set your intensity. This is how powerful you want your light output to be WITHOUT changing the ratio of the channels themselves, which essentially will throw your spectrum out of whack.

this is done by sliding the schedule up or down with two fingers.

mic you are just looking for a great place to start I would highly recommend typing “BRS Hydra 32 AB+” and just copying that video

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
samVA23

samVA23

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope I can help. I’m not sure I’m entirely clear on what your issue is. Are you measuring with one schedule, then going to another schedule and seeing a par drop?

let’s start at the beginning. All those channels you see, those are your different colors to make your spectrum. Think of it as you have a drinking glass and you have 7 ingredients (channels)

you are free to fill that glass using any ratio of the ingredients you like. However, that’s not entirely true if you want coral growth. You should follow a proven spectrum such as AB+ in which BRS does a great video of mimicking the AB+ spectrum on a Hydra.

once you have your spectrum dialed in to how you like, it’s time to set your intensity. This is how powerful you want your light output to be WITHOUT changing the ratio of the channels themselves, which essentially will throw your spectrum out of whack.

this is done by sliding the schedule up or down with two fingers.

mic you are just looking for a great place to start I would highly recommend typing “BRS Hydra 32 AB+” and just copying that video
Thank you so much for your reply @legalizedreefer
My issue is, when I start to test the light par with the parameters, all readings was too low, avg of 50 and less in the middle, and that with my schedule was around %50 for blue and violet and less on others, so I said let me try on demo mode till I have par reading around 150 in the tank, when I did that and took those parameters percentage to do a simple schedule, the second I build the schedule and enable it, the light get dimmer and parameter reading in tank drop again to 50 par and less
I found something in the app, under advance called Led Auto Dim which was set to always on, I changed it to 30 sec, because I don’t see disable !!
Not sure if that will solve the issue

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thank you so much for your reply @legalizedreefer
My issue is, when I start to test the light par with the parameters, all readings was too low, avg of 50 and less in the middle, and that with my schedule was around %50 for blue and violet and less on others, so I said let me try on demo mode till I have par reading around 150 in the tank, when I did that and took those parameters percentage to do a simple schedule, the second I build the schedule and enable it, the light get dimmer and parameter reading in tank drop again to 50 par and less
I found something in the app, under advance called Led Auto Dim which was set to always on, I changed it to 30 sec, because I don’t see disable !!
Not sure if that will solve the issue
It may but demo mode is often used in stores to show the different schedules and spectrums.
What size tank is this that you are trying to reach Light schedule on

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
samVA23

samVA23

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you still have PAR Meter- try this:

White 18
Blue 70
purple 75
UV 80
red 5
Green 3
Cool blue 65
Unfortunately I don’t have it any more
But this is what I have my schedule at

Attachments

• 21BFDCDE-86AD-4A32-8601-9ECCC6A5F243.png
    21BFDCDE-86AD-4A32-8601-9ECCC6A5F243.png
    90 KB · Views: 11

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Adjust to and see if corals and color look better:

Cool White 18
Blue 70
violet 75
UV 80
red 5
Green 3
Royal blue 65

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back