Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please suggest a light diffuser. Not sure what fixture I'm going with but it will be inside of my canopy about 6" over water. Something comparable to the radion diffuser. When I search Amazon and google many come up but not sure if they would be good for an led fixture and still let good par through. Tia

AS

Reef.

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please suggest a light diffuser. Not sure what fixture I'm going with but it will be inside of my canopy about 6" over water. Something comparable to the radion diffuser. When I search Amazon and google many come up but not sure if they would be good for an led fixture and still let good par through. Tia

try theatre lighting gels.

Nutramar Foods

Hooz

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hit up Moe from 3DReefing and see if he'll give you the low-down on what he uses. Whatever it is, it works! :D

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been using the Rosco 'Cinegal 1/2 Density Soft Frost' (#3004) for two years now. It's a thin soft plastic diffuser sheet material that I attached to a thin polycarbonate shield. I tried a few diffusers and this one gave me exactly what I wanted: some diffusion without blocking too much of the light output (the diffuser and polycarbonate sheets block ~15% of the light intensity).

Looks like this installed:

20210213_115349.thumb.jpg.e351fd54c4629a6f4c032ac1628ffc4c.jpg

rgulrich

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used Satinice in the past with great results.
You'll need to work your way through the product line to the opacity/transparency you want, find a distributor, and order. I ordered cut to size, and they worked great for blending the LEDs in both MarsAqua and ViparSpectra black boxes. I affixed with a number of small neodymium magnets.
Cheers,
Ray :cool:

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back