Let’s do the time warp again! Just another stocking fish list. ☺️

nursedude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy!

Let me say in advance I appreciate any help or feedback. I am excitedly setting up/resetting up my 66 gallon cube (32x24x18). After moving back to the desert from Colorado 4 years ago. With a new role at work that allows much more work life balance and the ability to work remote it only make sense - I NEED to get my tank up and running. ✊

I have base live rock 60 lbs. and live sand 80 lbs. coming 10/25 from Tampa Bay Saltwater. I plan to fallow the tank lights out for a month. I am assuming I should be done with the cycle by the end of the month. Once it cycles I was looking for input on my fish list.

1. Any comparability issues
2. Stocking order
3 very open to alternate fish if you have a favorite you feel is a good fit

Flame Hawkfish
Midas Blenny
Cherub Angel
Springeri Damsel
Pink Streaked Wrasse
Lawn Mower Blenny (once the tank can support it with some algae)

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks good. The only thing is that flame hawks eat inverts sometimes so if you plan on getting any shrimps I would personally avoid it but it’s up to you.

Once you put the rock and sand in it will probably cycle in like a day if it’s actually live rock and live sand.

Upvote 0

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know enough about those fish to give you good advise, but I like your cycling plan. I'm gonna go even more conservative than that (2 months for me). But this way, hopefully we'll minimize our ugly phase if not avoid it altogether. And @fishywishy is right. From that baseline just ghost feed till nitrifying bacteria coats as much as it can coat.

Now. The Time Warp. I was (and still am) one if these geeks that really digs Rocky Horror. First saw that in '79 or '80. Many, many midnight showings! Last time I went was about 10 or 11 years ago. It was a blast.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nursedude

nursedude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks good. The only thing is that flame hawks eat inverts sometimes so if you plan on getting any shrimps I would personally avoid it but it’s up to you.

Once you put the rock and sand in it will probably cycle in like a day if it’s actually live rock and live sand.
Thanks! Fishywishy. I have held off on a hawk fish for my last couple tanks and decided I just really want one this time.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nursedude

nursedude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know enough about those fish to give you good advise, but I like your cycling plan. I'm gonna go even more conservative than that (2 months for me). But this way, hopefully we'll minimize our ugly phase if not avoid it altogether. And @fishywishy is right. From that baseline just ghost feed till nitrifying bacteria coats as much as it can coat.

Now. The Time Warp. I was (and still am) one if these geeks that really digs Rocky Horror. First saw that in '79 or '80. Many, many midnight showings! Last time I went was about 10 or 11 years ago. It was a blast.
It was a right of passage to go to a midnight show!

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back