Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i was just wondering what everyone’s opinions are on leopard wrasses? i want to get one, which one is the easiest to take care of and isn’t as sensitive?
I don't think you will find a least sensitive in my experience. I think it is more important that you look for the one you like and make sure it is eating and a healthy weight. Preferable QTd or do your own QT. Most success I have had is with potters wrasses.

OP
OP
Jordan Wright

Jordan Wright

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you will find a least sensitive in my experience. I think it is more important that you look for the one you like and make sure it is eating and a healthy weight. Preferable QTd or do your own QT. Most success I have had is with potters wrasses.
thank you! do you know about ornate wrasses?

Nutramar Foods

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you! do you know about ornate wrasses?
I have one. Make sure its eating when you get it. Buy a juvenile they do much better than males. They need a 3 inch sand bed. Mine feeds on everything I feed. They hunt all day and are good frozen eaters.
Don't turn pumps off during feeding they like to chase the food. Mine picks over any new coral I put in the tank. Its looking for a tasty snack
Peaceful fish you will enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jordan Wright

Jordan Wright

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one. Make sure its eating when you get it. Buy a juvenile they do much better than males. They need a 3 inch sand bed. Mine i feeds on everything I feed. They hunt all day and are good frozen eaters.
Don't turn pumps off during feeding they like to chase the food. Mine picks over any new coral I put in the tank. Its looking for a tasty snack
Peaceful fish you will enjoy.
nice ! glad yours is doing well! thinking about getting one but i will continue to do research :)

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue star and a Moyer’s and both were easy. Both ate right away. I ordered and received 3 Macropharyngodon meleagris once and they shipped very poorly. Initially, I thought 2 of them were DOA. They weren’t, but unfortunately only made it a few days.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep what everyone else said, make sure you either qt or buy it already qt'd and make sure its eating. Once they are off to a good start they a pretty hardy, at least mine is, reg leopard wrasse but eats absolutely everything

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back