Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with the new LED biocube. I have the older coralife biocube and am thinking about buying just the canopy to upgrade the lighting. Have people had good results?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Corals.com

donnievaz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with the new LED biocube. I have the older coralife biocube and am thinking about buying just the canopy to upgrade the lighting. Have people had good results?

I think you may be better off just doing an LED retrofit on your existing canopy. The canopy on the new one is probably 3/4 of the cost of the whole setup.

OP
OP
landlocked303

landlocked303

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the input! about a week ago I decided to get rid of the canopy altogether and bought the AI Prime HD. It really is a fantastic product and I'm already seeing improvement in my corals! Definitely need an ATO system with all the evaporation though. I decided to get the AI Prime HD so that when I upgrade tanks in a year or two I can just use the new lights too and add another unit or two depending on size.

World Wide Corals

donnievaz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the input! about a week ago I decided to get rid of the canopy altogether and bought the AI Prime HD. It really is a fantastic product and I'm already seeing improvement in my corals! Definitely need an ATO system with all the evaporation though. I decided to get the AI Prime HD so that when I upgrade tanks in a year or two I can just use the new lights too and add another unit or two depending on size.

Probably the best option as well as a lot cheaper. I have a Hydor SmartLevel ATO that works great.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral-vault.com
Back