Larvae or Something Much Worsened

ReefTanker91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I recently added my first cuc and corals to my tank on the 6th of June (List below). I am running the tank fallow currently and realized that some of the inhabitants need something to eat so I fed some algae wafers, frozen mysis and baby brine shrimp.

Emerald crabs
Astrae turbo snails
Peppermint sheimp
Cleaner shrimp
Cerith snails
Nassarius snails

And one red legged hermit crab that hitchhiked a ride.

Does anyone recognize the critter in the video? There are like 6 of them that I’ve seen. Could it be related to red or black bugs that could have come on the corals? I got one frag of a torch, one of a hammer, and two zoas.

Video linked below.

Thank you for your time.

OP
OP
R

ReefTanker91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0023.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hello everyone,

I recently added my first cuc and corals to my tank on the 6th of June (List below). I am running the tank fallow currently and realized that some of the inhabitants need something to eat so I fed some algae wafers, frozen mysis and baby brine shrimp.

Emerald crabs
Astrae turbo snails
Peppermint sheimp
Cleaner shrimp
Cerith snails
Nassarius snails

Does anyone recognize the critter in the video? There are like 6 of them that I’ve seen. Could it be related to red or black bugs that could have come on the corals? I got one frag of a torch, one of a hammer, and two zoas.

Video linked below.

Thank you for your time.

Looks like what is known as a Gamma, similar to mysids

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Emerald crabs
Astrae turbo snails
Peppermint sheimp
Cleaner shrimp
Cerith snails
Nassarius snails

Video linked below.

Thank you for your time.

Emerald crab larvae - if you've got brine shrimp nauplii, you can try your hand at raising them.

Edit: To add for anyone curious:

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back