Large Glorious Wrasse Aggression( (Thalassoma quinquevittatum)

reefo420

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so I've got a new Glorious Wrasse in the tank yesterday, around 6.5-7" he was stressed at first and got bullied by a medium sized Foxface into a cave
the wrasse then got out of that and started swimming normal, now I have one other wrasse in the tank that it usuually goes for(nothing too aggressive or that my tang didn't do)
he only swims fast towards him then just moves away, he doesn't keep chasing him(scaring him in a way) the other wrasse doesn't seem too scared and it hasn't went in the sand and he he has a lot of space to avoid the other wrasse, he hasn't went for any of the otherfish(puffer, tang, foxface, algae blenny, hawkfish), Should i send him to my LFS or is there a chance that it gets worse? his colors are stunning but I'm just worried about it killing the other wrasse(Halichories iridis)
Screenshot_20230204-114820_Gallery.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so I've got a new Glorious Wrasse in the tank yesterday, around 6.5-7" he was stressed at first and got bullied by a medium sized Foxface into a cave
the wrasse then got out of that and started swimming normal, now I have one other wrasse in the tank that it usuually goes for(nothing too aggressive or that my tang didn't do)
he only swims fast towards him then just moves away, he doesn't keep chasing him(scaring him in a way) the other wrasse doesn't seem too scared and it hasn't went in the sand and he he has a lot of space to avoid the other wrasse, he hasn't went for any of the otherfish(puffer, tang, foxface, algae blenny, hawkfish), Should i send him to my LFS or is there a chance that it gets worse? his colors are stunning but I'm just worried about it killing the other wrasse(Halichories iridis)View attachment 3005362
It will likely just get worse as they age. Thalassoma species are notorious for being nasty, I wouldn’t personally risk it after seeing aggression, if they were completely peaceful with eachother I would have said it could work however with aggression already, I wouldn’t risk it and get the Thalassoma out and into a new home.

OP
OP
R

reefo420

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will likely just get worse as they age. Thalassoma species are notorious for being nasty, I wouldn’t personally risk it after seeing aggression, if they were completely peaceful with eachother I would have said it could work however with aggression already, I wouldn’t risk it and get the Thalassoma out and into a new home.
he was the best looking fish i've ever had in a tank, wish I could have him but had to give it back to the LFS and got some scribbled anthias

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he was the best looking fish i've ever had in a tank, wish I could have him but had to give it back to the LFS and got some scribbled anthias
There are smaller, similar looking wrasses :)
I assume your current and only wrasse is a Halichoeres iridis?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Kinetics
Back