Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 6 months old, and has all kinds of algae, and gha. I added 2 co taindrs since i started for pods. And i stopped doing it. Now since people are mentioning it is that required to keep adding pods to get the poppulation going? And is that the reason i possible have algae because the lack of poppulation of pods.

Nutramar Foods

Daenion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pods are part of the ecosystem but the only algae that they help with are dinos and that is hit and miss. The biodiversity does help with algae. If you are not dosing pytho then there is a good chance poss are no longer in the tank.

If you have all kinds of algae there is a good chance there is a nutrient issue rather than pod.

Don’t believe the 0 or near 0 readings of your kits since the algae is eating up everything that is available.

OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pods are part of the ecosystem but the only algae that they help with are dinos and that is hit and miss. The biodiversity does help with algae. If you are not dosing pytho then there is a good chance poss are no longer in the tank.

If you have all kinds of algae there is a good chance there is a nutrient issue rather than pod.

Don’t believe the 0 or near 0 readings of your kits since the algae is eating up everything that is available.
But in terms of having pods its beneficiallly required for a saltwater tank to have them?

World Wide Corals

ptrick21186

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having this same problem recently. Thought my pods were dying off. Added about $300 worth of Ecopods and was about to give up before someone told me to look at my tank at night with a black light. I did and that's the only way I can see my pods. They're super small but they're there.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back