Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys i came in here hoping that someone can help me out! So i purchased a kole tang 4 weeks ago and put him in my tank. At first i thought it was just new tank syndrome where he was still getting use to it. but as the days go by he still runs and hides every time i come into the room and i don’t think that’s normal because my other fish don’t do that. it’s been about a month now and he still does it. As you can see in the video that’s just me entering the room and going towards the tank. if anyone could help me that would be great! thank you!

65D31B3D-7761-4097-B1C3-614642EED076.jpeg 3D3A277F-B5DB-43A3-967F-1E640F6DDBBE.jpeg D5B494B6-B63D-40D4-9F64-3C3AA3904317.jpeg

Attachments

• 69862027657__03FE8A98-701F-469E-8127-26BA95C36F97.MOV
    999.5 KB
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

wisnia99

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys i came in here hoping that someone can help me out! So i purchased a kole tang 4 weeks ago and put him in my tank. At first i thought it was just new tank syndrome where he was still getting use to it. but as the days go by he still runs and hides every time i come into the room and i don’t think that’s normal because my other fish don’t do that. it’s been about a month now and he still does it. As you can see in the video that’s just me entering the room and going towards the tank. if anyone could help me that would be great! thank you!

View attachment 3031638 View attachment 3031639 View attachment 3031640
How often you have people in this room? Maybe the room is empty most of the day and he is seeing you as a predator? I feed fish 3 times a day when I come by the tank the fish follow me, that goes for the tangs as well.

OP
OP
K

kadruy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often you have people in this room? Maybe the room is empty most of the day and he is seeing you as a predator? I feed fish 3 times a day when I come by the tank the fish follow me, that goes for the tangs as well.
i’m in my room often like usally most of the day. i feed them twice a day and my wrasse and my hawk fish follow me whenever i’m close by the tank

Top Shelf Aquatics

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue eye kole still runs for the hills when I get near the tank. He eventually comes out, but sticks very close to the rocks.

I've had him for about 5 years now.

Avast
OP
OP
K

kadruy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue eye kole still runs for the hills when I get near the tank. He eventually comes out, but sticks very close to the rocks.

I've had him for about 5 years now.
okay thank you. He’s just a very beautiful fish and i would like to see him more haha. but thank you

Nutramar Foods

mnl119

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 3031638 View attachment 3031639 View attachment 3031640
I have had numerous yellow-eyed Kole Tangs over the years and have one right now. It took about 6 months before they became comfortable remaining in sight while feeding. Just give it time. They are the best glass cleaners I've found for salt water.

OP
OP
K

kadruy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a squaretail bristletooth tang that is one of my shyest fish. He's been in the tank for about 2 years and will bolt back into the rocks at the first sign of danger. It took about 3 months for him to come out regularly when I was in the room.
thank you for this! also thank you for letting me know

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
K

kadruy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had numerous yellow-eyed Kole Tangs over the years and have one right now. It took about 6 months before they became comfortable remaining in sight while feeding. Just give it time. They are the best glass cleaners I've found for salt water.
okay thank you so much for this it helps a lot i was very worried

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS
Back