Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recently picked up a kole tang hes constantly picking at my rocks for algae, he's also eating frozen and pellets but he wont go near the algae sheets. i read somewhere that they have different mouths from other tangs and cant tear the algae from the sheets is this true, should i be worried about him not eating the sheets?

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was the same way when I first got him. He was a picky eater, only ate NLS pellets and sf bay brand mysis and he scraped the glass and rocks too.

But after 4-5 months he finally started to peck at the nori. He still doesn't eat a ton of it but I make sure he gets his veggies through other foods.

He has always been super healthy and very active. I'm sure yours will be the same way also.

Nutramar Foods

greg0385

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put my sheet holder on the sand...then my tang went down and ate. He hates it floating or stuck on glass.

never thought of putting it down on the sand, i always kept it at the top of the water. might be a reason i didn't have much sucess at keeping tangs, except for my sailfin. good luck on the tang eating.
greg

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put my sheet holder on the sand...then my tang went down and ate. He hates it floating or stuck on glass.

Also another idea is to use a rubber band and attach it to a piece of rock rubble. I agree sometimes they just dont like it up against the glass!

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back