Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about getting a kessil A160 WE tuna blue light. I wanted to get your opion and personal experiance on it if anyone has any. Its for a 10 gallon nano. Is it hard to dial in amd can i have success with out getting the controller?? Also i was gonna grab a innovative markne top off with the diaphram pump any opinion on that would be nice to.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dxpert

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Kessil. I do think you will have success with it, even if you are running it manually. The coverage and power would be great for your size of tank. I would get the goose neck to go with it. As for the diaphram pump, the head height will only be a few feet. Aslong as you are ok with that pumping distance it should be fine.

Top Shelf Aquatics

madweazl

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched over to Kessil in October but I do run them off of a controller (Reef Angel +). I've set maximum color to 65% but I believe Kessil when they say you dont need to worry about the color much. Intensity is a whole other story so you'll have to experiment there but start around 65% on the color. For reference, I run intensity at 40% max (also on a parabola just like color) so start on the low side and work your way up.

31 Mar 2017

8 May 2017

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I acctually ended up going with a AI Prime HD. But thank you for your input.
I switched over to Kessil in October but I do run them off of a controller (Reef Angel +). I've set maximum color to 65% but I believe Kessil when they say you dont need to worry about the color much. Intensity is a whole other story so you'll have to experiment there but start around 65% on the color. For reference, I run intensity at 40% max (also on a parabola just like color) so start on the low side and work your way up.

31 Mar 2017

8 May 2017

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
World Wide Corals
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back