Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, last night, my hermit crabs and Nassarius snails killed(?) My royal gramma?????? I'm not sure but they were finishing off the body. I am not sure if they killed her themselves though. Is that possible? Gramma was healthy and eating and swimming just fine last night. It also slept in a rock hole so I'm not even sure how it ended up on the sand bed. I also have 2 clowns and a firefish left and am worried if they'll be next??? Gramma was the biggest of all thw other fish i havw - about 2.5-3 inches. Last week, one of my cardinals also was killed and eaten by CUC but he wasn't eating and also slept near the sandbed.

Could the CUC be killing for sports now??? Idk what to do. Should I remove them?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, they get blamed for everything. Think about it, they are so small, so slow, they can't swim.... there's no way they can catch and kill a fish. The fish died of something else and the crab was doing its job.

Its possible it might have killed the nass snail, but I doubt it.

Nutramar Foods

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, last night, my hermit crabs and Nassarius snails killed(?) My royal gramma?????? I'm not sure but they were finishing off the body. I am not sure if they killed her themselves though. Is that possible? Gramma was healthy and eating and swimming just fine last night. It also slept in a rock hole so I'm not even sure how it ended up on the sand bed. I also have 2 clowns and a firefish left and am worried if they'll be next??? Gramma was the biggest of all thw other fish i havw - about 2.5-3 inches. Last week, one of my cardinals also was killed and eaten by CUC but he wasn't eating and also slept near the sandbed.

Could the CUC be killing for sports now??? Idk what to do. Should I remove them?
the cuc are doing their job! It's kinda freaky. My dead blenny was being eaten by my hermits and they almost got kicked out. Your gramma was most likely already dead before the cuc came to clean the mess. I hate that hermits get a bad rep, they are really entertaining inverts! hope this helped!

OP
OP
Mavsaltwater

Mavsaltwater

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, they get blamed for everything. Think about it, they are so small, so slow, they can't swim.... there's no way they can catch and kill a fish. The fish died of something else and the crab was doing its job.

Its possible it might have killed the nass snail, but I doubt it.
Thank you! I also seriously doubted they would be able to catch, immobilize, and kill the fish but just wanted to make sure. Poor gramma, I wonder what happened

OP
OP
Mavsaltwater

Mavsaltwater

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the cuc are doing their job! It's kinda freaky. My dead blenny was being eaten by my hermits and they almost got kicked out. Your gramma was most likely already dead before the cuc came to clean the mess. I hate that hermits get a bad rep, they are really entertaining inverts! hope this helped!
Thank you! Yeah, I seriously doubted they could pull it off, they havent hurt anyone before tho the thank is only 5 months old so i wanted to make sure!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Kessil
Back