Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my Kessil AP9X for a little under 2 years with zero issues. All I did was take it down to put the light on a single arm mount. After setting it up I plugged it in as usual and it will not turn on. I’ve treated this light extremely well, no damage or had even a drop of water touch it. What can I do? I do not have the money to just buy another one or give up, nearly $1000 for this light and I need it to work. Please help me

Nutramar Foods

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my Kessil AP9X for a little under 2 years with zero issues. All I did was take it down to put the light on a single arm mount. After setting it up I plugged it in as usual and it will not turn on. I’ve treated this light extremely well, no damage or had even a drop of water touch it. What can I do? I do not have the money to just buy another one or give up, nearly $1000 for this light and I need it to work. Please help me
Heres some stuff from the manual.
Try turning it on and off with the manual buttons. Then try to do the reset.

If those dont work, follow the instructions for factory reset.

If those dont work, you will need to reach out to kessil support.

Screenshot_20230422_152459_Brave.jpg

OP
OP
S

ShaneAugust

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres some stuff from the manual.
Try turning it on and off with the manual buttons. Then try to do the reset.

If those dont work, follow the instructions for factory reset.

If those dont work, you will need to reach out to kessil support.

View attachment 3120673
I reached out to them, and the panel doesn’t turn on at all, it’s completely dead.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reached out to them, and the panel doesn’t turn on at all, it’s completely dead.
Do you have a multimeter you can check voltage from the power brick with?

One testing lead goes inside the hole and the other goes to the outside of the barrel plug. Check the dc voltage output rating with the brick plugged into the wall and ensure its outputting the correct voltage.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Try Reset or a different outlet. Assure if outlet is GFCI, its not tripped .
If all else fails, As a former retailer, Kessil is Excellent with helping you out and not leaving you on a line to dry.

OP
OP
S

ShaneAugust

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Reset or a different outlet. Assure if outlet is GFCI, its not tripped .
If all else fails, As a former retailer, Kessil is Excellent with helping you out and not leaving you on a line to dry.
That’s good to hear, I will await their response. Thank you for the feedback, this stuff is very frustrating.

Nutramar Foods

C_AWOL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil lights in my experience will have a cool down period after being unplugged and wont turn back on when plugged in/turned on right away. Try turning it on after 30-60 mins of being unplugged and it will likely work just fine. Otherwise, your light should be still in warranty since they come with a 2 year (registered but they're lenient) warranty and will definitely take care of you.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eager to see what the resolution ends up being. No advice, but please keep us posted. Undoubtedly this is not your problem, but I had to take apart my 360x when it wasnt working and I discovered the fan somehow had come dislodged from the spot it clicks into. Being that mine was purchased secondhand, no warranty would be honored, and they said I would have to ship it to them on my dime and pay whatever repairs and ship it back on my dime. I suppose I can't really complain about that part of it. Most companies would say the same. But I decided to give it a go myself. I wouldn't recommend it in your case, as the panel is way different than the puck, and it sounds like you're the original owner so they should be willing to help you to some degree.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
S

ShaneAugust

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eager to see what the resolution ends up being. No advice, but please keep us posted. Undoubtedly this is not your problem, but I had to take apart my 360x when it wasnt working and I discovered the fan somehow had come dislodged from the spot it clicks into. Being that mine was purchased secondhand, no warranty would be honored, and they said I would have to ship it to them on my dime and pay whatever repairs and ship it back on my dime. I suppose I can't really complain about that part of it. Most companies would say the same. But I decided to give it a go myself. I wouldn't recommend it in your case, as the panel is way different than the puck, and it sounds like you're the original owner so they should be willing to help you to some degree.
Agreed. Any advice on just getting money for the light? I’ll just switch to some radions. The Kessil wasn’t enough for my 4 foot frag from waterbox anyway. Will the company take it back and grant me a refund or will they fix it and I just sell it?

_AV

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I repair a lot of Kessils lately. I don't have great news for you as it's very likely an electrical problem.
I agree that if it's still under warranty (unlikely, if it's been 2 years), send it back and let them take care of it for you.
Otherwise, feel free to send it in and I'll take a look at it for you: https://www.fixreef.com/mail-in-repair/

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back