Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently a few days away from putting in the first coral into my 20g Nuvo. I'm looking for anyone with experience with the same type of setup. Im gonna probably start with a few zoas and maybe a candy cane just to get things gong. but i don't know what intensity i should start off with or and good method to acclimate coral to the light. yes i know i should buy a par meter and trust me i will be in the near future just not sure what to get because id like to either get a seneye or an apex for this tank.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

MNFish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is a good one, to help get it set up.
i got the A360W the big ole one.

Nutramar Foods

PR_nano

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this light over the nuvo 20 for sometime before I swapped it for a prime HD. I ran at 45% but had zoa's stretching for more light.

I would suggest renting not necessary buying a par meter. With that said I would run it around 55% and go from there. The shimmer on this light is awesome along with the coverage. Wish I rented or bought a par meter before swapping but I like trying different things.

Nutramar Foods

ClownSchool

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently a few days away from putting in the first coral into my 20g Nuvo. I'm looking for anyone with experience with the same type of setup. Im gonna probably start with a few zoas and maybe a candy cane just to get things gong. but i don't know what intensity i should start off with or and good method to acclimate coral to the light. yes i know i should buy a par meter and trust me i will be in the near future just not sure what to get because id like to either get a seneye or an apex for this tank.
Just be aware, Once adjusted, many types of zoas can handle a higher par than candy canes.

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an A360W over my IM25. I initially started with it 6” over the waterline at 35% intensity and color. I am now at 10” and 80% intensity (color is still at 35%). This got me to about 100 PAR on the sandbed
At the end of the day i am going to make this a mixed reef more sps lps possibly some shrooms. But these corals and some corals i will be getting later in the month i plan on using as sort of a baseline. For what's gonna happen when the tank get packed with coral come Reef-a-Palooza. I used to have a 20g high tank and i ran it at about 85 percent kept a bunch of stuff in there. But i think i will start at about 45-50% and ramp it up a little over time.

Polyp Punk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not waste your money on an apex it’s totally overpriced save that money for coral. I made my own apex out of wifi bars and plugs. Does the same exact thing as an apex. I get notified with everything for .000001 of the price. We need a good affordable competitor for the apex to bring the price down it’s shouldn’t be that expensive anymore. I have the kessil 360 over my 15g and I only have it up to 55 % intensity. Throw some shrooms and maybe a leather zoas can be tricky sometimes in the beginning. As for acclimating the kessil has an acclimation feature where you can select the percentage over days and it slowly brings up your light to its max setting you put in. Good luck !

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not waste your money on an apex it’s totally overpriced save that money for coral. I made my own apex out of wifi bars and plugs. Does the same exact thing as an apex. I get notified with everything for .000001 of the price. We need a good affordable competitor for the apex to bring the price down it’s shouldn’t be that expensive anymore. I have the kessil 360 over my 15g and I only have it up to 55 % intensity. Throw some shrooms and maybe a leather zoas can be tricky sometimes in the beginning. As for acclimating the kessil has an acclimation feature where you can select the percentage over days and it slowly brings up your light to its max setting you put in. Good luck !
Thank you

ClownSchool

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in your setup. What equipment you use and how the Bluetooth power strip plays into it.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back