+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all,

I've been trying to solve a Xenia problem for some time now, and I'm wondering if this could be the problem. I have a 10 gallon aquarium with a single clown, 3 snails, and one emerald crab, that has been battling Dinos for months. The tanks is looking better, but my Xenia is looking absmyal, while my Kenya tree is acting perfectly fine. Because of this I suspect chemical warfare as the tank is very small. If I could describe the demise of my Xenia, it would be like the polyps were getting skinnier and skinnier, until they turned gray and just fell off. I went from 100 wish polyps to probably 15-20 now. Would running carbon be a good idea? [HASH=1]#reefsquad[/HASH]

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try active carbon but i do not think that this is the real problem. My experiences with Xenia is that they can grow as a pest in some aquarium and not at all in others- IME - they need some nutrients in the water - some highlight iron and iodine too.

Sincerely Lasse

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia tends to melt for some people. I agree that carbon is worth trying, but may not be the solution.

What are your parameters, especially salinity, temp, alkalinity, nitrate, and phosphate?

And what about specific lighting?

Corals.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back