Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to want to reboot my nano tank. As part of that process, I was considering moving its inhabitants into my 50-gallon but I'm not sure if we'd have issues or not.

The nano currently houses a pom pom crab, a candy cane pistol shrimp, and a hi-fin goby. I'm not too worried about the crab but the 50-gallon already has a goby/pistol pair (tiger pistol and wheeler's goby). Am I asking for trouble by adding the nano goby/pistol pair to this tank?

I suspect once they'd go in it would be next to impossible to catch them again so definitely not a decision I want to rush into.

Anyone keep multiple goby/pistol pairs successfully in a tank this size?

AquaCave Logo Banner

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to want to reboot my nano tank. As part of that process, I was considering moving its inhabitants into my 50-gallon but I'm not sure if we'd have issues or not.

The nano currently houses a pom pom crab, a candy cane pistol shrimp, and a hi-fin goby. I'm not too worried about the crab but the 50-gallon already has a goby/pistol pair (tiger pistol and wheeler's goby). Am I asking for trouble by adding the nano goby/pistol pair to this tank?

I suspect once they'd go in it would be next to impossible to catch them again so definitely not a decision I want to rush into.

Anyone keep multiple goby/pistol pairs successfully in a tank this size?
It’s likely your two pistols will fight to the death and the tiger is likely to win unfortunately.

OP
OP
Calm Blue Ocean

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s likely your two pistols will fight to the death and the tiger is likely to win unfortunately.

I suspected as much. New plan then, buy another tank for the nano guys (thank you for giving me an excuse haha).

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back