Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, we have noticed a good number of well-kept aquariums that have various hammer colonies touching. We've been keeping ours about 6 inches apart as a precaution, though are interested in trying closer placement if anyone might have advice on how to approach putting different colonies together? We also run carbon to ward off potential coral warfare etc. Thanks!

Nutramar Foods

Lorenz725

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine keeping hammers with hammers frogspawn with frogspawn and torches with torches. I have also not had problems with hammers touching frogspawn. I have heard people that have troubles with mixing some torches but I keep my Indos with my Aussies and not had any problems. As always just keep an eye on things.

301F536E-F79A-4611-96E2-4F400846DCD8.jpeg 04F11EC9-246D-4EEE-9442-664E25023C86.jpeg

NewGoby

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so,

Euphyllia Paradivisia (Frogspawn) can be placed together with any other Euphyllia Paradivisia species.
Euphyllia Paraancora (Branching Hammers) can be placed together with Euphyllia Ancora (Wall Hammers)
Euphyllia Ancora (Wall Hammers) can be placed together with Euphyllia Paraancora (Branching Hammers)
Euphyllia Glabrescens (Torches) can be placed together with any other Euphyllia Glabrescens species.

I have no experience with Cristata, Paraglabrescens or Baliensis - but based on the experience above I'd feel comfortable placing them together aswell.

BRS
OP
OP
Britttt

Britttt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so,

Euphyllia Paradivisia (Frogspawn) can be placed together with any other Euphyllia Paradivisia species.
Euphyllia Paraancora (Branching Hammers) can be placed together with Euphyllia Ancora (Wall Hammers)
Euphyllia Ancora (Wall Hammers) can be placed together with Euphyllia Paraancora (Branching Hammers)
Euphyllia Glabrescens (Torches) can be placed together with any other Euphyllia Glabrescens species.

I have no experience with Cristata, Paraglabrescens or Baliensis - but based on the experience above I'd feel comfortable placing them together aswell.

Thank you so much for your very helpful post :)
We've since put our hammers together and with the frog - it's been a couple of weeks and all seem happy (and it's freed up some space! ;) )

Thank you again!

syrinx

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 hammers in a pile-wall and branching. I also have my torch garden above, and the gold torch and a wall hammer intermingle with no war. This has been my experience overall, but there are some torches that will kill everything- even other torches-but not near to the level spoken of by people with internet experience. Always be careful in mixing subs and do so when you have time for observation.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back