Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what size tubing the Kamoer X5s dosing pump uses? Need to get more but can't find the size specified anywhere.
Would the Red Sea ReefDose tubing be compatible?

Corals.com

christwendt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know what size tubing the Kamoer X5s dosing pump uses? Need to get more but can't find the size specified anywhere.
Would the Red Sea ReefDose tubing be compatible?
I believe the Red Sea reef dose tubing works. That’s what my lfs says. I know this stuff works for X1 because I bought it. It also says for use on any Kamoer pump

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
D

dubmaneh

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the Red Sea reef dose tubing works. That’s what my lfs says. I know this stuff works for X1 because I bought it. It also says for use on any Kamoer pump

Thanks. I tried the Red Sea tubing and it does appear to work. No one from Kamoer was able to confirm but got suggestions that it uses the same tubing as the X4 and that the tubing that the X1 and X4 uses is 3mm ID and 5mm OD PVC tubing.

OP
OP
D

dubmaneh

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems with my x1 sucking air because of the tube size. But I also wasn’t paying attention to what I was doing.
That's what was happening to me. Think it was the silicone tubing I was using. Lots of air in the lines a day or two after calibrating. Switching to the Red Sea on the input and the Kamoer lines that came with it on the output seems to have solved the problem.

AS

ryanjohn1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to use the junk tube that came in the box. Yucky clear tube. Otherwise it sucked air and wouldn’t hold a prime
That's what was happening to me. Think it was the silicone tubing I was using. Lots of air in the lines a day or two after calibrating. Switching to the Red Sea on the input and the Kamoer lines that came with it on the output seems to have solved the problem.

christwendt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes the silicone does not work. It’s too flimsy and allows air to suck in. I even tried the proper size but the silicone doesn’t do it.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back