Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are a lot of Kalk threads, but I couldn't find one asking my question....which in itself is kind of concerning.

So i just started dosing Kalk with a dosing pump instead of my ATO. I'm still trying to get it dialed in, but currently dosing 2,500 ml over 24 hours. Lighter during the day and more at night. I was seeing about a gallon of evap a day on my 150, give or take. My pH is staying pretty steady at 8.2-8.3 but i'm seeing my salinity drop to about 1.023 from 1.025. My ATO is not running all that much now because of the dosing, but does it make sense to use saltwater in my ATO to counteract the salinity drop from the Kalk/RODI?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cant have a salinity drop unless your adding more kalk water than you are evaporating. If the combination of your top off and Kalk dose is the same or less than your evap, look somewhere else for this salinity drop.

WestMI-Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’re dosing too much, definitely more than evaporation. And/or you have precipitate somewhere in the system. Check the sump/stand for salt creep and to make sure water level is consistent from dosing. That should give you a better idea of the salinity drop

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Vivid
Back