Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from the other side of the pond lol.
And.........
giphy (1).gif

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
JoshO

JoshO

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe crept up a little but nothing to drastic and I’m from Manchester
That's promising, I'm in Sunderland, so a little bit further
Glad the Monti coped, absolutely love them so really keen to have one in my set up

Wee Mad Arthur

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry to much about the temp with the lid on. I’m from the north of England also and coped just fine with the lid for about 9months. On the rare occasion we had a hot day I just opened the window.

I’m in the midlands. Opening the windows last summer was like turning on a fan heater. Not only did I have to take the hood off but I put 2x Boyu FS 55‘s on.

Corals.com

MrDLHughesY

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the midlands. Opening the windows last summer was like turning on a fan heater. Not only did I have to take the hood off but I put 2x Boyu FS 55‘s on.
That’s fair enough I coped without. And I’m sure he will keep and eye on the temp when it comes to it and act where necessary.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
JoshO

JoshO

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals and fish you plan on stocking ?
Starting out with 2 clowns to get to grips with everything, then it'll be clean up crew, not fully decided what yet but they'll be added gradually, snails, hermits and shrimps.
Then possibly a goby of some kind, again undecided which, but preferably something that'll do a good job of keeping the substrate clean.
I'm a firm believer in being able to stock tanks well as long as you're very strict with water changes and monitoring so I'll probably look to add a 4th fish eventually. Gramma, blue damsel, coral beauty, MAYBE flameback angel but I know they aren't fully reef safe.
As for corals...
Zoas
Candy canes
Mushrooms
Montipora
Torch
Feather duster (I know this is a worm).
Corals will be a nearly a year down the line as I'm in no rush (yet), I'd rather get it right with fish first and have a stable set up

MrDLHughesY

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting out with 2 clowns to get to grips with everything, then it'll be clean up crew, not fully decided what yet but they'll be added gradually, snails, hermits and shrimps.
Then possibly a goby of some kind, again undecided which, but preferably something that'll do a good job of keeping the substrate clean.
I'm a firm believer in being able to stock tanks well as long as you're very strict with water changes and monitoring so I'll probably look to add a 4th fish eventually. Gramma, blue damsel, coral beauty, MAYBE flameback angel but I know they aren't fully reef safe.
As for corals...
Zoas
Candy canes
Mushrooms
Montipora
Torch
Feather duster (I know this is a worm).
Corals will be a nearly a year down the line as I'm in no rush (yet), I'd rather get it right with fish first and have a stable set up
Fair enough I’m totally with you on the stocking as long as you keep on top of your maintenance but as soon as you let it slip then disaster could happen. My stock was two onyx Picasso clowns until then suicide jumped last week to which I found them both behind my tank even with a lid it’s beyond me how they actually managed to get out, blue damsel, Midas blenny.CUC 4 nassarius snails, 6 rock hermits, strawberry conch, 3 trochus, 1 cerith, tuxedo urchin, cleaner shrimp and a peppermint shrimp.

OP
OP
JoshO

JoshO

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the room you keep it in getting above aquarium temp?

OP
OP
JoshO

JoshO

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough I’m totally with you on the stocking as long as you keep on top of your maintenance but as soon as you let it slip then disaster could happen. My stock was two onyx Picasso clowns until then suicide jumped last week to which I found them both behind my tank even with a lid it’s beyond me how they actually managed to get out, blue damsel, Midas blenny.CUC 4 nassarius snails, 6 rock hermits, strawberry conch, 3 trochus, 1 cerith, tuxedo urchin, cleaner shrimp and a peppermint shrimp.
I've got a 10l freshwater with 10 fish in and they're around 4 years old, so I know I can look after the maintenance side of things to keep fish happy.
That's gutting about the clowns, both going at once is very strange!
Monster CUC! I've thought about a tuxedo urchin but I've seen a lot of people say they love wearing frags as hats? Any issues with yours?

Top Shelf Aquatics

MrDLHughesY

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 10l freshwater with 10 fish in and they're around 4 years old, so I know I can look after the maintenance side of things to keep fish happy.
That's gutting about the clowns, both going at once is very strange!
Monster CUC! I've thought about a tuxedo urchin but I've seen a lot of people say they love wearing frags as hats? Any issues with yours?
Yeah was absolutely gutted about them. The tuxedo is probably one of my best cleaners never stops and constant moving. Tbh no I’ve not had any trouble I glue most my frags down on my rock work and the frags I have on the sand it hasn’t bothered. It always ends up Wearing the moult from my cleaner shrimp though which is quite Amusing, other than that just bits of sand and that.

OP
OP
JoshO

JoshO

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah was absolutely gutted about them. The tuxedo is probably one of my best cleaners never stops and constant moving. Tbh no I’ve not had any trouble I glue most my frags down on my rock work and the frags I have on the sand it hasn’t bothered. It always ends up Wearing the moult from my cleaner shrimp though which is quite Amusing, other than that just bits of sand and that.
Not surprised, how long had you had them?
They look quite big, and I don't want anything dominating the tank, but if it's effective and entertaining then it might be a good choice!

AS
OP
OP
JoshO

JoshO

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last summer yes! We were bordering on 30c indoors. Floor fans were sold out everywhere, it wasn’t pleasant here.
Thankfully we got absolutely nowhere near that I like the warm weather but that's just unbearable!

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

GHL Advanced Technology
Back