+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Ralph (34) here from Switzerland, I have read and learned a lot in forum the last one year and finally saw POTM contest which made me register. I have kept fresh water fish (mainly Malawi and Tanganjika) as a kid and now since a year I have a 150 g (display) tank just restructured and lately added another 50 g (for kauderni babies) tank separately. Growing my own Phyto (Nanochloropsis) and Zoo (Tisbe) plankton (using the Poseidon Reef Systems setup).

anything else you like to know? Happy to be here and being active part in the discussions.
Best Ralph

A4AD768C-60F5-4826-AB7F-438E2A4736E1.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Ralph (34) here from Switzerland, I have read and learned a lot in forum the last one year and finally saw POTM contest which made me register. I have kept fresh water fish (mainly Malawi and Tanganjika) as a kid and now since a year I have a 150 g (display) tank just restructured and lately added another 50 g (for kauderni babies) tank separately. Growing my own Phyto (Nanochloropsis) and Zoo (Tisbe) plankton (using the Poseidon Reef Systems setup).

anything else you like to know? Happy to be here and being active part in the discussions.
Best Ralph

View attachment 2950395

Hi Ralph and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Switzerland:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
r4re

r4re

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ralph and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Switzerland:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thanks for the links, unfortunately nothing “close” to Switzerland in there.

And I am well beyond the point of a setup guide This Hobby turned me into a geek and I am consuming everything which is available and lately I have been pushing colleagues who are in the hobby for 25 plus years to their limits (as I am not accepting just answer I want to understand it). While I might not have actual experience with a ton of different fish (apart from the ones in my tanks) I am a chemist so I don’t have difficulties to understand more of the water chemistry details. And unfortunately I have made the painful experience of a PO4 limitation in the beginning which made me dig deep into that topic.
Currently I have lost a few Montis, likely to an accumulation of a toxic substance (probably related to the heavy usage of stone fix for my rebuild). Since there is no ICP lab in Switzerland I have to wait for after the holidays to hopefully understand what’s causing this.. if anybody has ideas I am happy to hear it

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Diaper
Back