John Guest Angle Stop Adapter Installation for Under Sink RODI?

WallaceGrover

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to install an RODI unit under my sink but I have had a bad experience in the past doing something similar in a previous apartment for a bidet. I unscrewed the water source tubing from the toilet tank and could never get the bidet to work without it leaking everywhere (it used a similar three way setup), then was unable to get the water source tubing back onto the toilet tank threading so I ended up calling maintenance and (after hiding the bidet) and told them it started to leak so I tried to recrew it but it wouldn't get back on. Not sure they believed me.

Anywho this is a different place and the sink tubing is all brand new. I'm just nervous about unscrewing things and encountering leakage either initially trying to get the unit setup or after setup down the line. Does anyone have tips or words of encouragement? Thanks!

AquaCave Logo Banner

rsaylor3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teflon tape and don’t over tighten:) Buy good components and abide by those words above and you should be just fine my friend!

You can also watch some videos on YouTube. Doesn’t have to be RODI setup, any good plumbing videos will teach you good info and techniques.

Oh, get the good Teflon tape, not the cheapest roll they offer.

Good luck!

OP
OP
W

WallaceGrover

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teflon tape and don’t over tighten:) Buy good components and abide by those words above and you should be just fine my friend!

You can also watch some videos on YouTube. Doesn’t have to be RODI setup, any good plumbing videos will teach you good info and techniques.

Oh, get the good Teflon tape, not the cheapest roll they offer.

Good luck!
Alright, teflon tape, got it! Thank you :)

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

A Reef Creation
Back