+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone-

I wanted to say a quick hello. I've been keeping saltwater fish for the last 12 years or so, but finally dipping my toes into corals again after a few failed attempts 10 years ago. My childhood amateur fish obsession continued and turned into an adult aquarium hobbyist. I'm about a year into my current 45 gal setup and acquiring some different coral frags. I've got a lot of learn and excited to have a place to ask questions and share.

I've been a long time forum lurker, but figured it was time to join. Cheers from Chicago!

Nutramar Foods

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone-

I wanted to say a quick hello. I've been keeping saltwater fish for the last 12 years or so, but finally dipping my toes into corals again after a few failed attempts 10 years ago. My childhood amateur fish obsession continued and turned into an adult aquarium hobbyist. I'm about a year into my current 45 gal setup and acquiring some different coral frags. I've got a lot of learn and excited to have a place to ask questions and share.

I've been a long time forum lurker, but figured it was time to join. Cheers from Chicago!

Welcome and Welcome Back! Glad you joined. It sounds like you have a lot of BBA - Bounce Back Ability which is great for this hobby and wonderful life skill!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Chicago:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
welcome33.gif

Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave Logo Banner

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for such a warm welcome, everyone! I started up my first build thread as suggested.

Found it:

Typically your Build Thread Badge shows up immediately once you link it to your account. Below is the info and links they gave me when I was new. You already did the hard part (step 1 - NICE Thread & photos and description - WOW!) and its just claim (step 2 below):

One fun way to learn from others and keep a record of your reef aquarium is to create your very own build thread! A build thread is just a thread that tells us about your aquarium and might include photos. You can create your build thread in one of these forums. MEMBER'S AQUARIUMS

Once you have created a build thread then you can get your VERY FIRST USER BADGE! YAY! It's easy to do and I have created a thread that tells you how to do it here: BUILD THREAD BADGE

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back