Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago I got a lemonpeel angelfish that will be in the big tank with my pufferfish soon. But I feel like the fish is afraid of me and extremely introverted/shy because it’s nearly always hiding in the rock and when I come up to the tank it immediately retreats to the rock. Do they ever warm up to their environments or is she always going to hide on me?:pleading-face: I feel like she doesn’t like me and I’ve never had a fish this shy/skittish.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lemonpeel is one of my most boisterous fish. Took it a while to become that way, but none the less it's always out and about, and certainly not afraid of my hands in the tank.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago I got a lemonpeel angelfish that will be in the big tank with my pufferfish soon. But I feel like the fish is afraid of me and extremely introverted/shy because it’s nearly always hiding in the rock and when I come up to the tank it immediately retreats to the rock. Do they ever warm up to their environments or is she always going to hide on me?:pleading-face: I feel like she doesn’t like me and I’ve never had a fish this shy/skittish.
Once it recognizes you as a good source it might change

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lemonpeel is one of my most boisterous fish. Took it a while to become that way, but none the less it's always out and about, and certainly not afraid of my hands in the tank.
That’s good to know. Hopefully she’ll come around.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think of it this way....

Lets pluck you out of your home, make you travel in the dark in a tiny space to be dumped into a small tank. Then someone buys you, again your in a bag in the dark traveling. Now put you in a larger tank where your going to be fawned over for a few days.

You might be a little scared, and/or shy of your new environment too.

ca1ore

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't anthropomorphize your fish ...... as others have noted, likely just part of the acclimation process. The LemonPeel is not the easiest of the dwarf angels and can take some time to settle in.

Top Shelf Aquatics

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen your posts and videos of “Hewbie” which is one of the most adorable fishes I have ever seen. Your love for your fish is obvious and apparent. The lil lemonpeel will warm right up to you, just keep doing what you are doing! :)

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen your posts and videos of “Hewbie” which is one of the most adorable fishes I have ever seen. Your love for your fish is obvious and apparent. The lil lemonpeel will warm right up to you, just keep doing what you are doing! :)
Awe thank you! He is! I love him so much.:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think of it this way....

Lets pluck you out of your home, make you travel in the dark in a tiny space to be dumped into a small tank. Then someone buys you, again your in a bag in the dark traveling. Now put you in a larger tank where your going to be fawned over for a few days.

You might be a little scared, and/or shy of your new environment too.
This is very true. I just have never had a fish take this long to warm up. But I do hope once she gets into the big tank she’ll be happier and more out and about.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put her in the bigger tank and I learned she is anything but shy immediately. The fact that she was in a little 5 gallon observation tank didn’t help. I saw her doing laps in and out of the rockwork and she ate right away. I love that there’s no acclimation when I transfer my fish since my tanks run the same temperature and salinity. I think I will call her Sunshine!
IMG_0087.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Opens up so many options to amazing fish. There are some corals that you can add with these guys too that they will want nonpart of
Really? I wasn’t going to add any and I was under the impression that corals are a no-go. I do know some people have success when porcupine puffers are smaller and it can be an individualized matter but they also poop so much and pollute the water. I like just the fish in this tank. Corals are what I have my reef tank for!:)

Seansea

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run an ats for the fish waste. Oversize for your tank and it will eat up the waste pretty good.

As far as corals leathers mushrooms green star polyps xenia are what i had in my old 150 that had some rough hombres in it. And the lighting doesnt have to be great for them either. Problem with puffers triggers and big wrasses are the knock rocks over alot lookin for stuff underneath. So need tough corals that can sit upside down overnight until you see them and fix them.

Corals.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back