Is this stocking good for a 55g predator tank?

Nutramar Foods

lion king

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me that's too much. The hawkfish may not be a good a fit because they could become food for the lions. I would choose 3 of the others. The fu manchu is extremely difficult so that may help with you decision. Check out some the threads I posted on lion care and feeding.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
H

harrylikesfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me that's too much. The hawkfish may not be a good a fit because they could become food for the lions. I would choose 3 of the others. The fu manchu is extremely difficult so that may help with you decision. Check out some the threads I posted on lion care and feeding.
Okay so what I’m thinking is 1 Snowflake Eel, 1 Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish, and can I get a Leaf Fish instead of the Marine Betta? Would that be okay?

lion king

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so what I’m thinking is 1 Snowflake Eel, 1 Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish, and can I get a Leaf Fish instead of the Marine Betta? Would that be okay?

Yes the leaf fish would be fine, just remember to read up on their care. I would highly suggest maintaining live foods in the diet of the leaf fish and fuzzy. You will be hard pressed to find anyone with long term success feeding a dead only diet with these 2 fish.

OP
OP
H

harrylikesfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the leaf fish would be fine, just remember to read up on their care. I would highly suggest maintaining live foods in the diet of the leaf fish and fuzzy. You will be hard pressed to find anyone with long term success feeding a dead only diet with these 2 fish.
Is silversides, mollies, and ghost shrimp a good diet?

lion king

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is silversides, mollies, and ghost shrimp a good diet?

If you are sticking with a diet of live ghosties and mollies, you can add in a variety of other dead food that they will take. I feed silversides, shrimp, tuna, salmon, silver fish(a fish I get from the asian market), and human grade krill(also from the asian matket. Each fish will be different as to what they will actually eat.

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The marine beta adds almost no bioload to a tank. They have such a slow metabolism and don't require much food at all. I would not exclude this fish. It is a must have in every tank for me. One of the best fish you can possibly get.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Queen City Corals
Back