Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! this is my 3rd attempt at trying to keep xenia and i just got this frag at my local fish store around 5 hours ago. I was wondering if the part at the front was normal for it to shrink because of the lights being off or if it was melting. My parameters arent completly perfect i have an issue with high phosphates around .9 but all my other corals are doing fine. My emerald crab also managed to disslodge a rock and it feel on both the parts that are opened so i was veyr suprised to see that the part that wasnt is the one with issues lol. Thanks for the help and happy new year!

IMG_3732.jpg

Nutramar Foods

mrpontiac80

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! this is my 3rd attempt at trying to keep xenia and i just got this frag at my local fish store around 5 hours ago. I was wondering if the part at the front was normal for it to shrink because of the lights being off or if it was melting. My parameters arent completly perfect i have an issue with high phosphates around .9 but all my other corals are doing fine. My emerald crab also managed to disslodge a rock and it feel on both the parts that are opened so i was veyr suprised to see that the part that wasnt is the one with issues lol. Thanks for the help and happy new year!

View attachment 2955801
Looks to be just closed up to me. Be careful though, that stuff will spawn off and you’ll likely start seeing new ones all over the tank! I put some in a 30 gallon that was strictly a holding tank for odd fish, and it’s everywhere now. I’m cool with it, but I’d never put it in a tank now if I wanted it contained

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
R

Rockedash

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be just closed up to me. Be careful though, that stuff will spawn off and you’ll likely start seeing new ones all over the tank! I put some in a 30 gallon that was strictly a holding tank for odd fish, and it’s everywhere now. I’m cool with it, but I’d never put it in a tank now if I wanted it contained
Sweet! I tried to keep it before twice and they just instantly melted on me so im excited that it might actually be good this time. If it worked out i was gonna put it on the overflow of my tank so i wouldnt mind a somewhat take over lol

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SR
Back