Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a black clownfish yesterday, he was swimming around the tank accepted food and seemed fine.

today I’ve noticed, he’s not as active and didn’t got mad for the food like he did yesterday. He also is just swimming in the bottom corner and not moving from it.

is he just shy maybe and getting used to his new home?

parameters:

Nitrite: 0.1
Nitrate: 10
Phosphate: 0.1
Alkaline: 8.5
Ammonia: 0
Ph: 8
Salinity: 1025
Temperature: 25

AquaCave Logo Banner

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a black clownfish yesterday, he was swimming around the tank accepted food and seemed fine.

today I’ve noticed, he’s not as active and didn’t got mad for the food like he did yesterday. He also is just swimming in the bottom corner and not moving from it.

is he just shy maybe and getting used to his new home?

parameters:

Nitrite: 0.1
Nitrate: 10
Phosphate: 0.1
Alkaline: 8.5
Ammonia: 0
Ph: 8
Salinity: 1025
Temperature: 25
I’d keep an eye on it but at the minute it sounds like he has found a spot to call home.

AquaCave Logo Banner

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience with a few clowns when I first put them in my new tank. Ended up turning down the flow and they finally moved out of the corner. Not saying thats your issue or if you have any issue at all just my experience. Worth a shot to move flow or turn down a bit and she how it reacts.

OP
OP
Hannahmunt

Hannahmunt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Powerhead is quite powerful actually.
I had a similar experience with a few clowns when I first put them in my new tank. Ended up turning down the flow and they finally moved out of the corner. Not saying thats your issue or if you have any issue at all just my experience. Worth a shot to move flow or turn down a bit and she how it reacts.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The presence of Nitrite is concerning. To me it suggests that your tank isn't completely cycled.

As far as the behavior is concerned, I wouldn't worry. Clowns are peculiar creatures. I'd be more concerned with the presence of Nitrites.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Hannahmunt

Hannahmunt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The presence of Nitrite is concerning. To me it suggests that your tank isn't completely cycled.

As far as the behavior is concerned, I wouldn't worry. Clowns are peculiar creatures. I'd be more concerned with the presence of Nitrites.
Yes the tank is only a month old. I think it’s very close to the cycle finishing. I have three cromis and soft corals

OP
OP
Hannahmunt

Hannahmunt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will keep an eye on him. Just worried as I’ve lost two small clowns over the last two weeks. Water has been fine and did a water change yesterday. No signs of disease just pale in colour.
my clowns live in the bottom corner, if food doesnt get to their corner, they wont move from the spot to go get food.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Hannahmunt

Hannahmunt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked and the power head is 3000l/h

is this to powerful, if so what one would you suggest?
My Powerhead is quite powerful actually.

Attachments

• 5BB6BAA5-6DE4-4B73-BC72-CBCCB4A2EBC4.png
    5BB6BAA5-6DE4-4B73-BC72-CBCCB4A2EBC4.png
    334 KB · Views: 16

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the tank is only a month old. I think it’s very close to the cycle finishing. I have three cromis and soft corals

You are rushing.

Personally, I would not have any fish or coral in the tank until they cycle was completed.

It is important to add fish slowly. The nitrifying bacteria colony will not handle the bio load of too many fish at the same time.

It has been my experience that you will see an ammonia spike in the tank when adding too many fish at one time or closely together. Once the nitrifying bacteria colony grows to support the fish population in the tank, ammonia comes down.

Are you quarantining your fish before adding them to your display tank?

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Hannahmunt

Hannahmunt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are rushing.

Personally, I would not have any fish or coral in the tank until they cycle was completed.

It is important to add fish slowly. The nitrifying bacteria colony will not handle the bio load of too many fish at the same time.

It has been my experience that you will see an ammonia spike in the tank when adding too many fish at one time or closely together. Once the nitrifying bacteria colony grows to support the fish population in the tank, ammonia comes down.

Are you quarantining your fish before adding them to your display tank?
Yeah I know I need to slow down. My ammonia has been at zero for 2 weeks now.

I’m not adding anything now for a few months.

gibec

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how bigs your tank?

You clown should be fine.. Mine was like that first few days. They get used to their new homes as time passes. Your water parameters arent perfect, but honestly that is not enough to kill your fish. they are hardy animals and a little bit of nitrite would not kill them.

only question is did you accumulate it enough?
I personally cant quarantine my new fish since i dont have a extra tank, but accumulating process is also important.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Hannahmunt

Hannahmunt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how bigs your tank?

You clown should be fine.. Mine was like that first few days. They get used to their new homes as time passes. Your water parameters arent perfect, but honestly that is not enough to kill your fish. they are hardy animals and a little bit of nitrite would not kill them.

only question is did you accumulate it enough?
I personally cant quarantine my new fish since i dont have a extra tank, but accumulating process is also important.
It’s 150 litre.

I did, I floated the bag for 30 mins, then added my water to the bag every 15 mins then added the fish to my tank

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tank Stop
Back