Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all the fish medics went to sleep already, but it sure does look like ick to me. You need to put fish in quarantine tank and treat them with medication, all of the fish that is in yours tank need to come out and go into quarantine

OP
OP
H

Hiward

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all the fish medics went to sleep already, but it sure does look like ick to me. You need to put fish in quarantine tank and treat them with medication, all of the fish that is in yours tank need to come out and go into quarantine
what do i use? Do i follow BRStv's Video? ()

AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Please help me figure out what is wrong with my blue tang. What do I do? There are white dots all over him
Was this fish previously in copper?
Looks like an accelerated case of ich breakout. Fish will have to be placed in a quarantine tank along with other tankmates which are now exposed to this outbreak. While you can treat with coppersafe (preferred), you can also do hyposalinity ( bringing salt level down to 1.009)
For coppersafe, treat at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

OP
OP
H

Hiward

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this fish previously in copper?
Looks like an accelerated case of ich breakout. Fish will have to be placed in a quarantine tank along with other tankmates which are now exposed to this outbreak. While you can treat with coppersafe (preferred), you can also do hyposalinity ( bringing salt level down to 1.009)
For coppersafe, treat at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.
Thank you so much. How big of a QT tank do i need and at what temp? Is hyposalinity safer or coppersafe safer? thank you for your help

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thank you so much. How big of a QT tank do i need and at what temp? Is hyposalinity safer or coppersafe safer? thank you for your help
I find coppersafe safer as not all fish agree with hypo and size of QT tank will depend on about of fish. 20 gallon Long is generally good and a 40breeder Ideal (which is a taller 20g long)

Avast

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back