Is this GHA again or something else? Best CUC options?

Deltec

sanzz18

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beat GHA (or so I think) months back with Reef Flux. I let my nutrients get out of control again and I think I am right back to the start of GHA again or some other nuisance algae. I am currently working on lowering my nutrients (lowered PO4 from 0.76 to 0.19 over the coarse of a few weeks as well as NO3 from 38 to 18). Still working on getting the PO4 closer to 0.1 and NO3 around 10. I don't want to go much lower than this for the sake of trying SPS frags again in the near future and reading a lot more that people have good results with a big of nutrients vs bottomed out.

Anyway the video is listed below. My question is what CUC would you recommend to help this nuisance algae and how many should I get? My tank is a 6 ft x2 ft tank. I really do not want to resort to chemicals again and manual removal is difficult in my tank. I also start skimming a little more wet.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Big G

captain dunsel
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef safe urchins (black rock, and pincushion) and snails: Astreas, Ninjas, Ceriths (both dwarf & regular), Trochus, avoid Turbos most are from Pacific coast of Mexico and are suited to colder waters.

Avast
Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AF
Back