Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this. Is this Aiptasia? It's in the back chamber. My tank was clean of anything when I had the Aiptasia Eating Filefish. Quickly inspected without dipping all frags.

Timeline:
*Purchased some SPS frags from WWC and TCK during the Feb/March sales. *Purchased a haddoni from AquaSD in Feb.
* Removed and introduced AF Bio Sand
* Returned Aiptasia Filefish to make room for the newly purchased DD OSFF and orange spotted Watchman Goby (non-DD but from the Wisconsin facility)
* Introduced said OSFF and goby In March
* Now, this Aiptasia thingie coming out of the back chamber?

What should I do before it goes berserk? I did plan on adding a fire shrimp. Now, should I get a peppermint shrimp?

I dose:
*1 ml vinegar weekly via Kamoer
* 1 ml daily 35% h202 via Kamoer

Testing are done on Tuesdays.

20230401_115156-02.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia can live in crazy places. The filefish was likely keeping the visible ones at bay while the ones out of sight were spreading. Once they are in the system they are very hard to remove. I have berghai in my tank currently but the aiptasai are in the overflow, sump, equipment, etc.. so it is unlikely even they will find them all.

OP
OP
xiongsy

xiongsy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia can live in crazy places. The filefish was likely keeping the visible ones at bay while the ones out of sight were spreading. Once they are in the system they are very hard to remove. I have berghai in my tank currently but the aiptasai are in the overflow, sump, equipment, etc.. so it is unlikely even they will find them all.
Will the berghia die due to starvation if the aptasia doesn't come out to the DT (assuming they only eat aiptasia)? Or should I throw it in the back chamber?

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Overflows are one of their favorite hiding spots and if allowed to get into plumbing, they end up in the sump area also.
Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away

OP
OP
xiongsy

xiongsy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overflows are one of their favorite hiding spots and if allowed to get into plumbing, they end up in the sump area also.
Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away
Thank you! That I can do. Never thought they would reside in dark places and survive.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
PremiumAquatics.com
Back