Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Fluval Flex 32.5, and I have been struggling to find what light to buy for an LPS and Soft coral tank. I’m on a budget of $1,400, which seams like a lot at first, but I keep forgetting that fish and coral are expensive. The light I landed on is the NICREW 150W Aquarium LED Reef Light on Amazon (I try to buy for LFS but they don’t have anything in my budget) for $185, but before I actually buy it, I am wondering if there is a better light for less than $200. From what I’ve heard this one is pretty good, but buying from Amazon for aquarium reef makes me nervous.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Hooz

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the Flex 32 Saltwater kit? If so, the light that comes with it will probably work for what you plan to have. In a pinch, you could add a second strip and then turn them both down to meet your needs.

I used one of the Fluval Sea 3.0 lights on a 9g nano tank for almost a year and it grew softies just fine.

If you do decide to go the Amazon route, I'd opt for 2 smaller lights over one big one like the 150w Nicrew (use two 50w Nicrews instead). Your tank is 30" long, and a single light isn't going to give you good coverage from end to end. If you got two smaller lights you could space them out for better coverage and less shadowing.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Your Reef
Back