+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Could someone confirm with me if this is actually a wall hammer or branching hammer?
Thanks

PXL_20230326_030212580.jpg PXL_20230326_035141836.jpg

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

MERKEY

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Polyps look branching to me FWIW though I agree the cut is weird. I've had some pretty huge heads on branching heads though I can't ever imagine fragging one like this...
That was my deeper thoughts as well but then thought there is no way someone would cut a branching coral inhale like this.

Of course this forum has shown me worse so I do suppose this could be a branching cut down the middle which would almost insure death.

Avast

MERKEY

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a call back from AQUASD, they said it is branching, this is how they got it from the farm. I just don't like the way how the farm frag cut it
And this is why I had to stop ordering from @AquaSD They clearly don't give 2 sh its about us anymore.

This is the mentality of "we paid for it so we pass it on to you to pay for it" someone has to? Right?

That's supposed to be a branching hammer from one of the best companies in the business....ya no thank you.

That coral should have been kept in a holding tank at AquaSD until it was fully healed and re-growing flesh over the cut....regardless if they cut it or got it from their supplier.

Nutramar Foods

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad, i had a sneaking suspicion this was the case. Definitely wouldn't be ordering again with a response like that - "sorry, get what you get and don't throw a fit". Can you imagine sending a customer a head that was fragged in half? Like literally a 1 for the price of 2 special.

OP
OP
dio

dio

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AQUASD reached out and was talking to them for the last 2 days. I think they do try to stand behind their product and is trying hard to do what's right for the customer. He is aware of this situation and will be willing to talk to supplier regarding this. It's really good that a company is willing to take feedback.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my deeper thoughts as well but then thought there is no way someone would cut a branching coral inhale like this.

Of course this forum has shown me worse so I do suppose this could be a branching cut down the middle which would almost insure death.
I got a torch that was cut like this once. I actually still have it, but the side that was like half cut off still does not look as full to this day. It does seem like a stingy practice - makes me think of people fragging plates, scolys, etc.. if they could cut a .05" cube without it dying completely I'm sure someone would

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
dio

dio

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a torch that was cut like this once. I actually still have it, but the side that was like half cut off still does not look as full to this day. It does seem like a stingy practice - makes me think of people fragging plates, scolys, etc.. if they could cut a .05" cube without it dying completely I'm sure someone would

We provided them with feedback, let's see if they will do the right thing to correct it with their supplier in future

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back