Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I probably need to do away with the API but does this look like 0 or a hint of phosphate? Same test just tried to get a little different angle for quality of pictures

IMG_5591.jpeg IMG_5590.jpeg

World Wide Corals

tomtheturkey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I probably need to do away with the API but does this look like 0 or a hint of phosphate? Same test just tried to get a little different angle for quality of pictures
I would say probably a hint as I just purchased an ULR phosphate Hanna checker. For things on lower PPM I prefer digital as it has the granularity for my picky self

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 3165165 View attachment 3165166
The funny thing with api phosphate test kit
The first stage is not enough being zero
But the next is insanely high being 0.250
You don’t want api to show a hint even half way between the two would be 0.125 which is still high

I’d recommend not worrying about testing phosphates until you can get a better test kit.
I wouldn’t worry too much about it unless you’re doing corals
And if at that time you’re invested that far . Hanna ulr is what I would suggest .
I believe salifert also has a affordable phosphate kit

Corals.com
OP
OP
D

dwdoworkdw

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funny thing with api phosphate test kit
The first stage is not enough being zero
But the next is insanely high being 0.250
You don’t want api to show a hint even half way between the two would be 0.125 which is still high

I’d recommend not worrying about testing phosphates until you can get a better test kit.
I wouldn’t worry too much about it unless you’re doing corals
And if at that time you’re invested that far . Hanna ulr is what I would suggest .
I believe salifert also has a affordable phosphate kit
That’s my issue long story short I zeroed out my nitrates and nitrates with chemi pure and fought some Dinos. So I’m trying to make sure I have a hint of phosphate back in it.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

BaliReefBox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say probably a hint as I just purchased an ULR phosphate Hanna checker. For things on lower PPM I prefer digital as it has the granularity for my picky self
the last few tests on my hanna ULR have been very strange. I got a high reading so ran it again. In all I ran it 4 times with the same samples...1.4, 1.1, 0.9, 0.7... this has happened the last few days. I am checking daily as I have srarted VV dosing... I now do the tests samples 3 times and average them out.. Anyone else have this issue

tomtheturkey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the last few tests on my hanna ULR have been very strange. I got a high reading so ran it again. In all I ran it 4 times with the same samples...1.4, 1.1, 0.9, 0.7... this has happened the last few days. I am checking daily as I have srarted VV dosing... I now do the tests samples 3 times and average them out.. Anyone else have this issue
I have not had this issue. My thoughts are make sure everything is clean. Maybe new battery? Its just my thinking though. Make sure all the reagent is going in the vial. My only pet peeve about Hanna is the packets. I have salifert as backup for phosphate just in case.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Deltec
Back