Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iv had this infinia 190.5 137 gallons with 50 gallons sump 197 gallons in total. Iv had it for 2 weeks filled it with tap water ti check for leaks and gaps etc. noticed that tiny silicon gap the front center? I can put my finger wnd i can see throught it? I dont know if thats an issue or im over exaggerating. The silicon is good inside the tank. The tank still filled with tap water for a week so far no leaks. Thoughts? https://youtube.com/shorts/dusGtTsGIqI?feature=share

IMG_1524.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
charbel101

charbel101

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a gap in between the glass or is it an air bubble in the silicone?
Its not an air bubble now it was like that before filling the tank. Its like the silicon its not all the way down leaving tiny tiny gap for my finger to slide through as u can see in the video

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what I am seeing but I'm old and wear glasses now days. Is the tank just out over the edge or is that the stand design? It appears to be small silicone void. Is this the bottom of the front panel?

AS

Icryhard

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the outside you're touching with your finger. Usually they overdo kit, because a couple of cents worth of kit is worth compared to having your aquarium of a couple of thousands of dollar smashed and an angry customer. However, I seriously doubt this will impact anything since I have something like this in my 120g tank as well. If it's the outside you could also put some extra kit on it yourself and fill it up until the gap is completely covered.

j.falk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charbel - You've made so many threads nitpicking and worrying about this tank...it's almost like you want there to be something wrong with it. I'm OCD and I know if I were worrying non stop about something...I'd get rid of it. The stress of worrying myself to death about something being imperfect would suck all of the joy out of owning/enjoying it.

Icryhard

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charbel - You've made so many threads nitpicking and worrying about this tank...it's almost like you want there to be something wrong with it. I'm OCD and I know if I were worrying non stop about something...I'd get rid of it. The stress of worrying myself to death about something being imperfect would suck all of the joy out of owning/enjoying it.
I don't blame him. If your 120g tank comes down due to such a small, but possible expensive (or even dangerous) mistake, then I too would be worried to hell and try to gather as much info/confirmation as possible.

AquaCave Logo Banner

shwareefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is there a shim between the tank and stand right where the alleged flaw is? A pressure point created by a shim is way worse than that micro bit of missing silicone. Apologies if I'm not seeing that correctly.

shim.png

shim2.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
charbel101

charbel101

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are at a decision point. It seems that Waterbox has answered all the questions. The decision is yours to make. Honestly there is nothing made by human hands that is 100 percent perfect. Hand made both captures the essence of art and the science that supports it. I deliver products we fabricated in house everyday that I see minor deviations from perfect. We strive everyday for better product fabrication for our customers as we continue to sharpen our skills. At some point you have to trust yourself and others to move forward in life. The craftsmen and women that made your tank did so with the best of their abilities with the materials the company provided them. Could it fail yes...dithering about this and that will not change that. We all take a risk when we try to make small slices of the ocean in our homes! With so many moving parts to our dream of success it is a wonder we ever take the first step!

Wish you well on your journey no matter what you decide!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back