Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had for over a month parameters are all good if need be I can post exact parameters, lights are bright white just for the picture

13F37CC1-185B-42CF-A07C-6AD8E7EE319D.jpeg A90756AB-305C-415B-AD8F-CD6853206BF9.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Have had for over a month parameters are all good if need be I can post exact parameters, lights are bright white just for the picture

View attachment 3000025 View attachment 3000026
Its actually unhappy. Not as bad as it sounds but these uys require moderate light and medium flow and its in a location where its not getting adequate light and flow. Move it up to at least center and place in the path of flow directing flow Towards it- NOT at it.
You can give it a few gentle blasts from a turkey baster and you will see it perk up and polyps peek out
They also like iron and strontium in the water

OP
OP
B

BaileysTank

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its actually unhappy. Not as bad as it sounds but these uys require moderate light and medium flow and its in a location where its not getting adequate light and flow. Move it up to at least center and place in the path of flow directing flow Towards it- NOT at it.
You can give it a few gentle blasts from a turkey baster and you will see it perk up and polyps peek out
They also like iron and strontium in the water
It’s in the dead center of the tank and it receives a good amount of flow, I’ll see what happens but it’s getting a lot of light? Also I should mention it’s been perfect last month with big bright polyps and good extension but not over exsyemtion

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It’s in the dead center of the tank and it receives a good amount of flow, I’ll see what happens but it’s getting a lot of light? Also I should mention it’s been perfect last month with big bright polyps and good extension but not over exsyemtion
I should have said Mid tank, not center as I saw bottom. To clarify, when it does not get adequate flow, mulm and sediment accumulates on it and the crown/head starts to haze over causing a film on its head. Proper flow alleviates that and thats where the turkey baster comes in - It will remove sediment and loosen that film for you

OP
OP
B

BaileysTank

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have said Mid tank, not center as I saw bottom. To clarify, when it does not get adequate flow, mulm and sediment accumulates on it and the crown/head starts to haze over causing a film on its head. Proper flow alleviates that and thats where the turkey baster comes in - It will remove sediment and loosen that film for you
Ok I’ll Turkey Baster it but it gets tons of flow (I like the look of it’s tentacles in medium flow so it gets good movement) so I’m a little confused but I’ll see what happens

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok I’ll Turkey Baster it but it gets tons of flow (I like the look of it’s tentacles in medium flow so it gets good movement) so I’m a little confused but I’ll see what happens
You can only try. Also increase blue intensity . With shedding, they will look like you chopped them up and drop little fragments of their head to create new toadstool fragments.
Knowing your tank and mine are very different, this is a couple of mine under good blue and medium flow:

1675200687894.png
1675200745557.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back