Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am new to here and I’m also new to reefing. I currently have a one month old tank with 2 clowns, 5 chromis and a few corals in it. I have noticed one of the coral started to have some really hard brown substance covering it and the rest of it looks sick..
I did accidentally moved it and it fell from its rock to the sand yesterday for a few times…would that be the cause? It’s a golf ball coral (not sure about scientific name just how my LFS called it). Other corals are looking happy so far, some are even growing
And here’s my water parameter:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 15-20
Phosphate 0.13
Salinity 1.024
pH 8

F46C2A54-AC23-4269-B669-B6A6FFF0449A.jpeg

Hopefully it’s something it’ll just heal on its own?
Thanks for reading.

Top Shelf Aquatics

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a goniopora. Golf ball coral usually refers to favia coral, which.

Goni needs medium light and medium flow. I don't see any brown stuff in that pic, but it could be the lighting. Actually, the coral looks very good. I've never seen a yellow one before and I wish I could get one too. Good find.

OP
OP
H

heyhei99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a goniopora. Golf ball coral usually refers to favia coral, which.

Goni needs medium light and medium flow. I don't see any brown stuff in that pic, but it could be the lighting. Actually, the coral looks very good. I've never seen a yellow one before and I wish I could get one too. Good find.
Thanks for your reply, yea it’s actually a ultra green one and one of the prettiest coral in my tank, above picture was taken without the led light on, didn’t know it’s a Goni.. the LFS said it’s a easy to keep coral.. the brown stuff I meant the bottom 1/3 of the coral, it was fully open before, now it’s covered with that brown thing which is hard on touch and seems like it has stopped the coral from coming out of the little holes?

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Copepods
Back