Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i just turned off my tank light like i normally do and i look at my candy cane coral who was puffy and happy the entire day to see it all shriveled up like in the picture and i dont know what’s wrong because all the other corals are fine and even the goniapora is still open

4CF705A3-E44E-4AB2-A47B-84FEEBD6A0E0.jpeg

RedReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i just turned off my tank light like i normally do and i look at my candy cane coral who was puffy and happy the entire day to see it all shriveled up like in the picture and i dont know what’s wrong because all the other corals are fine and even the goniapora is still open

View attachment 1754276

View attachment 1754276
It looks like it’s on the way out, hopefully it will pop back.

Nutramar Foods

PTXReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of things (fish and coral included) can look dead or dying at night when they are retracted. Don’t stress yourself out because they will look fine again in the morning. Examples include mandarin gobies, watchman gobies, and yellow tangs just to name a few (they change colors and some can even look like they are molding in the night... my mandarin covers itself in slime), but all look great in the day!

Example of my hippo tang (freaked me out the first time I saw it, literally a fish lying down in freshwater most likely meant it was dead but come to find that its just sleeping :rolleyes::p)

72F88817-2ABD-4C37-9905-E8E08A602D23.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of things (fish and coral included) can look dead or dying at night when they are retracted. Don’t stress yourself out because they will look fine again in the morning. Examples include mandarin gobies, watchman gobies, and yellow tangs just to name a few (they change colors and some can even look like they are molding in the night... my mandarin covers itself in slime), but all look great in the day!

Example of my hippo tang (freaked me out the first time I saw it, literally a fish lying down in freshwater most likely meant it was dead but come to find that its just sleeping :rolleyes::p)

View attachment 1754632
ok thanks for the help because i was getting worried and my scooter blenny burried it’s self in the sand and it scared me the first time but i’ve never see that coral do that before so it scared me

PTXReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks for the help because i was getting worried and my scooter blenny burried it’s self in the sand and it scared me the first time but i’ve never see that coral do that before so it scared me

Photo taken from the internet:
But my mandarin looked exactly like that with some slime at night. Scared me to death. The next morning, swimming happily and fat with pods!

1598589908679.png

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo taken from the internet:
But my mandarin looked exactly like that with some slime at night. Scared me to death. The next morning, swimming happily and fat with pods!

View attachment 1754661
yea my scooter blenny looked white and dead buried in the sand and i thought he was dead or the cleanup crew ate her and left the head

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back