Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40G Breeder with a HOB seachem tidal 75 filter, no skimmer yet but open to getting one if parameters get out of whack. All has been going great in my tank so far, and I'm wondering if you guys consider my tank fully stocked?

Current Fish/Invertebrates
2 Clowns
Royal Gramma
YWM Goby/Pistol shrimp pair
Lawnmower Blenny
10 Hermit Crabs
And numerous snails + A turbo

Wondering if I can fit a Yellow Corris Wrasse or some other kind fit for a 40G that eats bristleworms, hate those things. But at the same time don't want to disturb the peace, I've had a few aggressive moments from my YWM goby mainly, he's snapped at my Gramma and was acting strange when I added my LMB as well. Hid for days, or I'd randomly find him in a corner of the tank. All has went back to normal since then

I tend to stay around 20 Nitrates and my tank has been doing great, corals are growing a little slow but don't think the fish are a reason for that.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Sharkbait19

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In mine I have:
2 clowns
Fang blenny
Coral beauty
Pygmy roosterfish
Royal gramma
Aurora goby + pistol shrimp
Clean up crew and corals

I struggle to keep nitrates up, but aggression is the biggest problem I run into (clowns), I would think the same would go in your tank.

You could probably get away with another small fish as long as it stays out of the way of the others.

OP
OP
J

JFinlay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In mine I have:
2 clowns
Fang blenny
Coral beauty
Pygmy roosterfish
Royal gramma
Aurora goby + pistol shrimp
Clean up crew and corals

I struggle to keep nitrates up, but aggression is the biggest problem I run into (clowns), I would think the same would go in your tank.

You could probably get away with another small fish as long as it stays out of the way of the others.
Oddly enough my clowns have shown zero aggression, idk if it's because they're on the smaller side, or the home they decided on is away from everybody behind my HOB filter, in a crack between that and the glass lol

I'm surprised you can fit a coral beauty in there!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Sharkbait19

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly enough my clowns have shown zero aggression, idk if it's because they're on the smaller side, or the home they decided on is away from everybody behind my HOB filter, in a crack between that and the glass lol

I'm surprised you can fit a coral beauty in there!
So far the angel doesn’t feel like it is cramped for space. It can get a little nippy but otherwise spends all day grazing (cleans algae better than my snails).
Something like a cherub or flameback would probably be better, but coral beauties don’t get too big either.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back