Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I got a heater for my tank and was wonder if it was ok to place it on top of one of my pump and a little bit of my protein skimmer, my fear is it might melt them? I don’t know if that can happen but id love to hear some input

4D53C4B2-6907-47A5-8891-20A37B165C3B.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I got a heater for my tank and was wonder if it was ok to place it on top of one of my pump and a little bit of my protein skimmer, my fear is it might melt them? I don’t know if that can happen but id love to hear some input

View attachment 2760724
It will need to be away from any plastic, as it could melt them. In addition, can you lay it at a different angle, so it only touches the glass or use the heater holders with suction cups to keep it off of them? Or even a few pieces of rock rubble would work. Better safe then sorry.

Also, can you get a full pic of the sump? Might be able to take a look at it and help you locate a place to put it if none of the above is an option.

BaliReefBox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi how do you get your skimmer to work with it in your return pump bay??? I am having all sorts of grief trying to mine turned in and it is in a constant level bay..

As for your heater I believe it should be in a bay that cant run dry

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reef.

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the water is free to move around the heater then it is safe next to the skimmer, the only issue is when you do maintenance, turning off the flow then the heater would likely melt any plastic it is touching.
It’s better to have the heater in a safe place, with or without the flow on, remembering to turn the heater off when doing maintenance, then risks not remembering to turn it back on, and what if the return pump fails when you are out!

ScionFRSguy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely put it somewhere else. There's not enough room there. The heater should have come with a mount. Use the mount in any area with some more free space. Make sure the temp probe is not in the same chamber as the heater.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Geo's Reef
Back