Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time running a QT system. I did a lot of research showing that I need to maintain a level of 1.5 - 2.0 ppm copper.
However, I was just informed by someone saying that using Cuprion (which is an Ionic copper solution) I need to maintain a .15 - .30 level for therapeutic level.
What do I need to do?!?! I’m kinda nervous that I’m going to kill these fish. They’ve been in 1ppm - 1.5ppm copper for the past 11 days now. I have been slowly ramping it up.

BRS

Big G

captain dunsel
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time running a QT system. I did a lot of research showing that I need to maintain a level of 1.5 - 2.0 ppm copper.
However, I was just informed by someone saying that using Cuprion (which is an Ionic copper solution) I need to maintain a .15 - .30 level for therapeutic level.
What do I need to do?!?! I’m kinda nervous that I’m going to kill these fish. They’ve been in 1ppm - 1.5ppm copper for the past 11 days now. I have been slowly ramping it up.
Cuprion is basically pure copper sulfate pentahydrate, so .20 ppm is therapeutic. Your fish are overdosed.

2.0 ppm is for chelated copper like Copper Power or Coppersafe.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
A_Poythress

A_Poythress

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cuprion is basically pure copper sulfate pentahydrate, so .20 ppm is therapeutic. Your fish are overdosed.

2.0 ppm is for chelated copper like Copper Power or Coppersafe.

Dang.... I’m doing a 3 gallon water change now to bring them down.
Since they’ve been overdosed for 11 days how long should I continue to QT at .20ppm?

Big G

captain dunsel
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 14 days you can transfer the fish to a new, clean tank for observation. But nothing other than the fish can go to the new tank.

Otherwise you have to maintain the copper at therapeutic in the original tank for 30 days.

OP
OP
A_Poythress

A_Poythress

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 14 days you can transfer the fish to a new, clean tank for observation. But nothing other than the fish can go to the new tank.

Otherwise you have to maintain the copper at therapeutic in the original tank for 30 days.
Thanks! I’ll maintain at .2 for the next 19 days. I appreciate the quick replies!!

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Queen City Corals
Back