Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know some say they seen no difference with dosing and not dosing as WC will add Iodine.
My question is would extra dosing increase a tanks immunity to certain disease compared to not dosing?
Also why wouldn't extra dosing be detrimental to necessary bacteria numbers?

Nutramar Foods

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know some say they seen no difference with dosing and not dosing as WC will add Iodine.
My question is would extra dosing increase a tanks immunity to certain disease compared to not dosing?

I wasn't aware that iodine in the water had any benefit in boosting a fish's immunity to disease. Oral iodide (not iodine) can prevent goiter in some fish species.

Iodine in water can be bacteriostatic, but it takes quite a bit, and at effective levels it is also harmful to animal tissue. I do recall it being used as a coral dip.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There is some iodine in salt in which the container will have analysis of iodine content. Ive never heard of iodine as a cure and would not rely on that as you can essentially overdose iodine unless carefully monitored and tested. Same applies with those who are preaching the use of Peroxide as a treatment. While it may work for some- What is it they are treating for or to say what is the condition on the fish?
Peroxide is temporary relief for brook and velvet but so is tap water.

CLICK TO VIEW

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back