+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone

Recently i had some programming issues with my Apex and was advised by Neptune Tech support to post on the Neptune Forum.

Fast forward a few days and one of hte members suggested i post on this group.

Back to reefing, I have been keeping marine fish for close onto 30 years and have gradually embraced all the new technology we never had when i first started out ion the hobby.

My latest project is a Redsea reefer S1000 G2 tank which is going to be a mixed reef tank.

It got wet exactly a week ago and so far is doing really well with the Fish and corals, apart from softies doing really well. The softies which were temporarily housed in a container with insufficient light so they are sulking. The LPS which were housed in an old Aquamedic Percula 90 are looking really happy.

This tank has 2 Scotch M2 return pumps
2 Tunze 6208 Waveboxwes
1 Tunze 6214 Wavebox
2 Gyre pumps
Nyos 160 Skimmer

Control is via an Apex and two EB632 plugbars

i intend adding another circulation pump or two but am currently undecided on which type to add.

here's a video of the tank not long after the fish and rocks were added.

A serious amount of thought and planning went in to the scape consisting of the rock work being placed in order they were handed to me. The fish certainly appear to be enjoying exploring the nooks and crannies. There are still a few more pieces to be placed so watch this space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nutramar Foods

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone

Recently i had some programming issues with my Apex and was advised by Neptune Tech support to post on the Neptune Forum.

Back to reefing, I have been keeping marine fish for close onto 30 years and have gradually embraced all the new technology we never had when i first started out ion the hobby.

My latest project is a Redsea reefer S1000 G2 tank which is going to be a mixed reef tank.

It got wet exactly a week ago and so far is doing really well with the Fish and corals, apart from softies doing really well. The softies which were temporarily housed in a container with insufficient light so they are sulking. The LPS which were housed in an old Aquamedic Percula 90 are looking really happy.

2 Tunze 6208 Waveboxwes
1 Tunze 6214 Wavebox
2 Gyre pumps
Nyos 160 Skimmer

i intend adding another circulation pump or two but am currently undecided on which type to add.

A serious amount of thought and planning went in to the scape consisting of the rock work being placed in order they were handed to me. The fish certainly appear to be enjoying exploring the nooks and crannies. There are still a few more pieces to be placed so watch this space.

Welcome! Glad you joined. Seems like you are well on your way - WAHOO!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Your video did not attach above (yet) but perhaps you might want to take it and everything you've written above and copy from Forum > Meet and Greet to Forum > Member Aquariums where you can start your build thread (entirely up to you - but SOUNDS really good based on what you've written!!)

This might help you find people local to you (if you are in US):

This might help you find people local to you in Hertfordshire (which sounds very UK):

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Top Shelf Aquatics

steveschuerger

Corals Admittedly Goni and Torch/Frogspawn nut
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard to R2R! Please do share a build thread, love to see the progress .
CD6C2ED1-9DD8-471C-A1EA-D9E00046B291.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
I

IsaacHunt

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Your video did not attach above (yet) but perhaps you might want to take it and everything you've written above and copy from Forum > Meet and Greet to Forum > Member Aquariums where you can start your build thread (entirely up to you - but SOUNDS really good based on what you've written!!)

This might help you find people local to you in Hertfordshire (which sounds very UK):

Did you get your programing issues resolved?

Welcome to R2R.

hi Sean

some of the programming issues have been resolved but am still seeking assistance with controlling the Tunze Waveboxes with the Apex.

The other programming issues stemmed from the Apex being used with two tanks.

Now that I have consolidated two into one and using newer EB632 plug bars the outlet numbering and naming was a mess and confusing.

The apex interface is now looking neater

Superbowl Advertisement GIF by ADWEEK

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
I

IsaacHunt

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi FPT

Thanks for reading and responding to my intro.
I will take a look at the new build thread option to see if it will benefit myself or other members.

I am a keen photographer and do regular updates of my tanks and their inhabitants.

my Mac has a brilliant free of charge app bundled with MAC computers and iPhones called photos which stores and sorts my photos and even has an albums feature.

one of my computers has a 6tb SSD so I can store large amounts of data, photos and videos.
If there’s anyone out there who is interested in the S1000 G2 I’d be happy to share my experiences with the build and progress.
As for badges I am of an age digital accolades are meaningless and of no value to me.
Sharing a mega pint of beer or a frag is my way of showing/receiving appreciation

Nutramar Foods
AS
OP
OP
I

IsaacHunt

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone

2 Tunze 6208 Waveboxwes
1 Tunze 6214 Wavebox
2 Gyre pumps
Nyos 160 Skimmer

Hi Everyone

2 Tunze 6208 Waveboxwes
1 Tunze 6214 Wavebox
2 Gyre pumps
Nyos 160 Skimmer

A serious amount of thought and planning went in to the scape consisting of the rock work being placed in order they were handed to me. The fish certainly appear to be enjoying exploring the nooks and crannies. There are still a few more pieces to be placed so watch this spac
Welcome! Look forward to seeing the progress of your tank!
in the absence of a working video upload function you may be waiting a long time

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video attachment feature only works with limited file types and size. It does leave a lot to be desired.

A link to YouTube is easy and eliminates those issues.

Jimbhoy13

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Isaac.

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back