+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I had a clownfish commit suicide the other day, leaving our remaining clownfish alone. My first impulse is to introduce a new clownfish into the tank, but Im worried about the prospect of them not getting along, maybe the old clownfish being territorial. He has been in the tank for about a year. What is the best way to introduce a new clownfish into the tank? Is there something you've done that has worked for you, or is it basically just a matter of buying one and keeping your fingers crossed they get along?
Any input is appreciated!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods

Frank SM

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocellaris, in my experience, are pretty mild mannered. Just get a small one about 1/2 her size that is in a tank with several others, as long as it's not the largest. This will almost certainly be a small male. He should submit pretty quickly to her and they should be fine. But be prepared to remove him, if she gets overly aggressive. Some fin grabbing/tearing is normal but if it's too stressful, remove him.

TinyReefObsession

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I had a clownfish commit suicide the other day, leaving our remaining clownfish alone. My first impulse is to introduce a new clownfish into the tank, but Im worried about the prospect of them not getting along, maybe the old clownfish being territorial. He has been in the tank for about a year. What is the best way to introduce a new clownfish into the tank? Is there something you've done that has worked for you, or is it basically just a matter of buying one and keeping your fingers crossed they get along?
Any input is appreciated!
Sorry to hear about your fish :( My friend told me that when he introduced my clowns years ago, he introduced the new, smaller, male, o clown, to the tank, & the female went after him for months & he had to keep separating them… But now he follows her around all day lol he used one of those clear medical boxes (sorry if that’s not the term). Good luck :)

OP
OP
LandlockedZissou816

LandlockedZissou816

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocellaris, in my experience, are pretty mild mannered. Just get a small one about 1/2 her size that is in a tank with several others, as long as it's not the largest. This will almost certainly be a small male. He should submit pretty quickly to her and they should be fine. But be prepared to remove him, if she gets overly aggressive. Some fin grabbing/tearing is normal but if it's too stressful, remove him.
Thank you!

Avast
OP
OP
LandlockedZissou816

LandlockedZissou816

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your fish :( My friend told me that when he introduced my clowns years ago, he introduced the new, smaller, male, o clown, to the tank, & the female went after him for months & he had to keep separating them… But now he follows her around all day lol he used one of those clear medical boxes (sorry if that’s not the term). Good luck :)
Thank you!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SR
Back