Intro and question/advice

racsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

New to Reef2Reef!

I'm also newbie at this part of the hobby (saltwater) I come from freshwater and I have a few/lots of questions , but for now I'll try to keep it simple.

So my tank is fully cycled it has been running fine. All parameters are in check.
I've have 2 torch corals that are doing great and 4 hammers. The last 2 hammers I introduced over the weekend and one is doing great but it has a weird red thing that I don't knowwhat it is the other hammers don'thave (let's call it H1 for reference) and the second one not so great. Only the small of three heads is opening (let's call this one H2) and I would love some advice. All corals were acclimated and dipped in CoralRx for 10 mins before adding. Thanks in advance .

H2 Hammer.jpg H1 Hammer.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi,

New to Reef2Reef!

I'm also newbie at this part of the hobby (saltwater) I come from freshwater and I have a few/lots of questions , but for now I'll try to keep it simple.

So my tank is fully cycled it has been running fine. All parameters are in check.
I've have 2 torch corals that are doing great and 4 hammers. The last 2 hammers I introduced over the weekend and one is doing great but it has a weird red thing that I don't knowwhat it is the other hammers don'thave (let's call it H1 for reference) and the second one not so great. Only the small of three heads is opening (let's call this one H2) and I would love some advice. All corals were acclimated and dipped in CoralRx for 10 mins before adding. Thanks in advance .

H2 Hammer.jpg H1 Hammer.jpg
Those are spirobid worms which feed off algae and slime. They are short lived and can be brushed off and are harmless- just multiply quickly

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Ok. I'll take him of the hammer. Thanks a ton!
When you said him, I now see the structure which is a vermetid snail. Pop off in a container of tank water with a small screwdriver or paring knife.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Any ideas about the sad Hammer? I thinking about separate it him on a plug and place it in the sandbed and wait, maybe?
Assure its in the path of moderate light and flow, calcium no less than 400 and phosphate level not elevated. Not the best for a new tank, but many do ok with them in a new system. Feed mysis shrimp 2-3x per week. Best in lower third of tank

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back