Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave the sand out of the return chamber and you should be fine… fwiw everything loves to collect in a sump so be ready to clean that sand a lot or it can cause potential issues down the road.
Thanks for the reply.

The other tank will be a 10 gallon frag tank with nothing but lights, maybe a rock, and frag racks.

The 'sump' is a 30g Oceanic cube, which will house the biological filtration, heater, and some inverts...maybe a small fish or two.

Should not be an abundance of anything nasty in there, and I plan to have a fun/solid CUC. I also plan to do ~5g a week water changes.

So, no baffles/chambers currently in the sump. I would need to build something out of acrylic or somesuch.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Subliminal

Subliminal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it… you could always put the return pump on a plat form so it sits a couple inches above the substrate to keep it out the impeller.
I like that idea. Think I’ll have to worry about snails and shrimp and crabs being sucked in?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that idea. Think I’ll have to worry about snails and shrimp and crabs being sucked in?
Depends on the pump.. something like a mag drive yeah I’d worry.. something like a ehiem or sicce that’s got a full guard “no”…

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
World Wide Corals
Back